Today's Ride

Re:

About 10 miles from Rother Valley by road, about 18 by TPT. You're on the TPT Central section, I'm on the bit that links East - at Sprotbrough, and West - at Old Moor.

If I ride out your way I'll let you know

Had about 20km ride with approximately -10C degrees outside with this Fuji Discovery:

Fuji-Discovery-Copy.jpg

Slowly running out of places to have a peaceful ride - eveywhere is chockablock full of metropolitan liberals swarming over every little space which was empty a year ago.

Attachments

• 420F7364-07DB-4194-8E50-663694E85BB1.jpeg
    420F7364-07DB-4194-8E50-663694E85BB1.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 414
:cool: some great photos.

And ibbz, you need to get more off the beaten track for slightly more solitude :)

mk one":2x3iq5gn said:

And ibbz, you need to get more off the beaten track for slightly more solitude :)
Hahaha!!! :LOL: :LOL: Damn right!
All I have is Epping Forest - trails now full of e-MTB bikes amongst other undesirables - what I am doing is looking to move way out of London, currently looking around Newbury and Swindon - outskirts would be nice!

A lot milder today, and slightly drier.

Went out for a longer ride today again. Did the loop i did the other week, with a few extra smaller loops thrown in. There are so many sections of singletrack that it pays to do a few extra loops in each wood.

Like already mentioned, it was slightly drier today, though some sections are a lot harder work when not frozen solid. Plenty to think about and great fun though.

There were a lot of people out today, on the way to the woods i rode around a local reservoir, so many people, it was amazing. The car park was full, never seen that before, though i did notice they have made it a pay and display to cash in on the extra visitors. Some of the woods were not much quieter to be fair.

About at the furthest point, as is usually the case, my rear wheel started binding, had the wheel out a few times, thought it was a sticking piston, got fed up in the end and took the pads out to find the spring had snapped :facepalm: put it back together carefully and didn't use the rear again, which made for some careful moments down a few stepper slippy sections. Great ride though, nearly 6hrs, set off in morning, getting dark when i got back.

Attachments

• P1013106.JPG
    P1013106.JPG
    839.7 KB · Views: 373
  • P1013105.JPG
    P1013105.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 373
  • P1013102.JPG
    P1013102.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 373
  • P1013099.JPG
    P1013099.JPG
    690.4 KB · Views: 373
The 21st Day of the 21st Year of the 21st Century, had to have a ride today :)

A lot milder today, though the wind was chilly and it snowed all last night.

Unfortunately the snow had gone by the time i got the bike sorted and headed out.

Went for a long ride but along easy going tracks and trails with only a couple of hills to break the monotony. The wind was quite strong today, enough so that even when the tracks were pointing downwards i was still having to pedal. Pretty much pedaled non-stop. The trails were surprisingly dry in places though the sections that weren't more than got me wet enough to make up for it, sprayday! Very busy today too, probably due to the blue skies.

A tiring day, but its nice sat down now with that feeling that i have done something today.

Attachments

• P1013112.JPG
    P1013112.JPG
    714.8 KB · Views: 328
  • P1013109.JPG
    P1013109.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 328
  • P1013107.JPG
    P1013107.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 328
ibbz":9yd5j53r said:
mk one":9yd5j53r said:

Hahaha!!! :LOL: :LOL: Damn right!
All I have is Epping Forest - trails now full of e-MTB bikes amongst other undesirables - what I am doing is looking to move way out of London, currently looking around Newbury and Swindon - outskirts would be nice!

Moving out of London I can get down with, but there's zero reason to move to <spit> Swindon <spit>, those little slugs :evil:

After a wet and wild week, the sun is finally winning the battle against the darkness. With a clear sky, I can finally get back to more of the back-roads. The off-set this morning was avoid ice and trying to stay as warm as possible which was going well until the decent off the downs through Cudham where the temperature dropped below freezing. I'm still cold now on my third pint of tea :LOL: Still, the soul (and the legs) are humming.

A pretty innocuous shot but proof it's lighter; the junction of Halstead lane with Knockholt. You can still catch a London bus up there :LOL:

f7T2aR.jpg

Back