lockdown frustration #438

Re: Re:

MatBH5":2ymcqngc said:
If you need to use a ferry, it’s too far!!

:LOL: :LOL: Ironically there IS a ferry, but it's not the IOW as you may be thinking. it's on the other side of Southampton water.

The frustration is that I've done everything 100% by the book for the last 12 months (I kinda have to due to who I work for/with) and someone else will swoop in and grab it :( probably from further away than me too.

Total 1st world problem, but frustrating nonetheless.

My_Teenage_Self":29098fkw said:
MatBH5":29098fkw said:

:LOL: :LOL: Ironically there IS a ferry, but it's not the IOW as you may be thinking. it's on the other side of Southampton water.

The frustration is that I've done everything 100% by the book for the last 12 months (I kinda have to due to who I work for/with) and someone else will swoop in and grab it :( probably from further away than me too.

Send the other half... your in the clear :LOL:

If not do you not know anyone who lives close?

Re:

What if you bought a £10 bike from gumtree, cycled over, using the ferry, grabbed the bike you want, leave the crap one with a sign saying ‘free’ and cycle back.
That’s exercise, charitable donation and getting a new bike all in one!

I had the same conundrum- just went super early one morning and dressed for work in order to blend into what little of rush hour there was if you can call it that anymore and was back home just before 9am

Only met the seller briefly and was gone again - all the way home I was itching to check it over to make sure it was all there and as described. In actual fact I’ve queued far long outside the local chippy than I was out the car from start to finish

And since no one has asked ...... what is it ?

Re:

If you wanted to buy a bike from a shop and it were 20 miles away I’m sure that’s just about “acceptable” under the current rules in a click and collect type way if it’s for your exercise.

The fact you are even asking says you are probably the sort of person who is more likely to do it in a safe and sensible manner.

I sold something on eBay last week the buyer wanted to collect. It was not something essential and if I’m honest an entirely frivolous purchase. When I checked their address they had driven 120 miles!!

We’ve been really careful and followed the rules throughout the various restrictions - let our guard down once on a birthday and ended up self isolating via track and trace for 2 weeks - thankfully without any virus - which was a lesson learned!

My_Teenage_Self":182wi2cq said:
MatBH5":182wi2cq said:

Would that be the Hythe ferry? If it's still running could you arrange to meet him on the Southampton side?

Re:

Genuine question and not looking to start a debate on morals but I’m curious.

Did you not fetch it because you think Police are stopping people or you may get a fine ?

Or because it’s wrong and we should all abide by the rules.

d8mok":2eo02q7m said:
Genuine question and not looking to start a debate on morals but I’m curious.

Did you not fetch it because you think Police are stopping people or you may get a fine ?

Or because it’s wrong and we should all abide by the rules.

Neither really.

There are some morals involved, but I cannot afford to get covid due to my job.

Back