It could only happen to me................. Or could it ?

KermitGKona88

Gold Trader
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Went out for a 35 mile ride yesterday to pick up a Camera backpack for £5. Decided it was time to try out clipless pedals again after a long time off them, dug out my old Shimano shoes and bolted the cleats on all was good to start with, but 7 miles in something didn't feel quite right, stopped and looked and the left sole had started coming adrift :facepalm: . Quick stop at a local shop and some super glue purchased stuck the sole back. Proceed on my ride get to my location and purchase pack no problem. Sit down to have some lunch as per plan and pop both soles start to come off, out comes the glue again, on the way back I decide to go for a photo op at St. Benet's Abbey walking down the path to get there pop one sole falls off a bit further on pop the other fallls off. Air turns decidedly blue, have to carry on, so get to the Abbey and a cunning plan hatches as I have no support and have to get back under my own steam. I place the soles in the pedals and tighten the screws as tight as I can get them and ride 16 miles home using them like big platform pedals hot sweaty and wind full in my face I got home eventually :facepalm: :facepalm: .

Anyone else got any mishap stories like this to make me feel better ?

Attachments

• Ooooopss.jpg
    Ooooopss.jpg
    911.6 KB · Views: 2,774
  • Platform pedals .jpg
    Platform pedals .jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 2,774
Superb..... I hate them.... I’ll die before I use them again.

one of my soles decided to come adrift. I used double sided tape to hold it. Seems to work. Should do as the tape is normally used for holding carpet down.

I had similar on an early pair of Nike's. The sole was so fragile that the third or fourth unclipping resulted in me leaving the cleat, bolts and a chunk of sole attached to the pedal..... Only had them 30 minutes.

mattr":1jjqk4g6 said:
I had similar on an early pair of Nike's. The sole was so fragile that the third or fourth unclipping resulted in me leaving the cleat, bolts and a chunk of sole attached to the pedal..... Only had them 30 minutes.

I hope you got your money back for them ;)

mattr":14txietb said:

I hope you got your money back for them ;)

Re:

i recall having to walk home from the other side of lowestoft in the pitch black carrying a heap o crap as i didnt have a puncture repair kit,the sun was peeping over the horizon when home was reached....the lowestoft dual carriage way in the pitch black is not fun to traverse carrying a crappy 60lb raleigh maverick...it just isnt...

Back