i-am-iron-man":jul55rzs said:
enc":jul55rzs said:
The studio (spare bedroom)

rEFqWhm.jpg

I could die in here.
!

i probably will do if she catches me buying more gear for in there :LOL:

Re:

Onkyo PX-100M - flippin 'eck that's a rare beast Gerard. Very, very envious!
Quite a collection you have there.

Late summer is when I start thinking about the hifi again.

Because I like films, theres still the older TAG McLaren handling that but the prototype processor doesnt like Sky Q, its fine with streamed or recorded media but live viewing has something in the audio stream that the processor can no longer deal with. Rather than bin it all though I may just buy another non development mule AV32R.

I still have some Mission 753 from around 1993 for the front, theres some Paradigm bi-pole floor standers at the back. I dont run a sub as given the room size, speakers and the construction of the room, theres more than enough bass and its as tight as drum

The garage system is where the most music gets played these days, that is a Pioneer A-656 from the tip and a Videologic drx-601e DAB tuner I got given years ago. Speakers are some battered German Magnat speaker (they make proper hifi!)

Music is from a now very technologically old iPod or a very new lossless multiformat Xduo player I got given for Christmas, the 'sound' from it is very good.

I am not a record player person, I have records, I have a record player, but that is as far as it goes. The player is a Technics SL-1410.

Now, coming from the Hifi industry, if you want to know what I used to own, read on, if not, look away as theres a lot and its a bit dick swingy.

I'll only include the 'high end' i.e, expensive and a few of the more esoteric:

Krell KPS 20i CD transport

Krell FPB350M monoblocs x3

Krell K300i integrated

Wilson Audio Watt/ Puppy 5 speakers

JBL 4333B speakers

TAG McLaren DVD32R, AV32R, AV192R, DPA32R. 100x5R, 100x5R/10

I'm Turning Japanese:

JVC ML10 / PL10 pre/power

Technics SL-P1200 CD player

Technics SU-MA10 DAC/ Pre/power

Technics SL-7 record player

Technics SL-10 record player

Some 1st generation CD

Philips CD-100 and CD-303 1st gen CD players

Marantz CD-63 1st gen CD player

Die Englischer architektur

Quad, er, EVERYTHING! :mrgreen:, well 34s, 44s, a 606 and a bit of this and that

Spendor BC1 Active speakers

Merian MCD-Pro 1st gen 'audiophile' CD

Lecson AC1/ AP3 pre/power

PMC LB1 speakers

Phew... Told you it would be a dick swinging exercise but its something to do on a wet Saturday afternoon

legrandefromage":23m9cdh4 said:
Here they are - £190 inc UK postage/ delivery?
Oooooooh, i'd have those in a shot. But postage might be a bit steep!

Got some 602 s3 currently being driven (biwired) by a cambridge audio 640A, (cheap enough but competent for what i'm using it for) the original Rotel amp (971) went noisily wrong a while ago and has burnt out a chunk of the circuit board :( The kids spent my budget for a new one, i'll never forgive them........ ;)
Rotel 971 CD player, Sony Tuner and a Pioneer Minidisc (And a Chromecast Audio)

Bought the original set up (speakers, amp, CD, stand, speaker stands) with my first proper paycheck after buying my first house, 1997 IIRC. Don't think any of it owes me anything!

Re:

Over the years I've realised that for me hifi is all about 'synergy', and not how ‘high-end’ a piece of equipment is on its own.
I've had some proper fancy gear that's just not floated my boat for whatever reason, but through lots of dabbling and experimenting over the years I've ended up with this ‘not particularly hifi' set up!
I burned all my CDs in lossless to a modded iPod with flash drive, which in turn sits in a modded Onkyo ND-S1 dock. That feeds an ECD-1 DAC that runs my old (bought new from Holburn Hifi in Aberdeen 20 years ago!) Denon AVC-A1SE amp, and on to my Martin Logans.... and it sounds bloody brilliant! :cool:

Attachments

• ml.jpeg
    ml.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,099
  • dac.jpeg
    dac.jpeg
    669.2 KB · Views: 1,099
Nothing amazing here. Bose Wave DAB with CD player. Yup, with protective film still on it. As I have 2 young children and live on a farm...

Sound is decent enough. We are moving soon (hopefully!) And the plan is to go full media with smart tv, surround sound amp and various bits. Plans... they have a habit of not working!!!

I also have a load of car kit to make a music center after the move for the garage/workshop. Including a Kenwood head unit, 12" boxed sub, 6x9's and component speakers from JBLand an amp for the lot! Mostly acquired from various sources, old bits from upgrades that I never disposed of etc.

Attachments

• IMG_10072020_092551_(1080_x_800_pixel).jpg
    IMG_10072020_092551_(1080_x_800_pixel).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,046
I have fun with far cheaper kit these days. Its been great annoying the neighbours with beer and loud music, the ones that like to complain about everything, whilst being egged on by the other neighbours, the ones that simply dont care.

These amplifiers just need a good quality power supply and they are hilarious - they will power just about any speaker you can throw at it to good loud volumes without any obvious distortion

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIFI-Class-2 ... 2749.l2648

s-l1600.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I followed that eBay link out of curiosity & in the other items they like to show you was a little box a few inches square called a nobsound. I've got some small Technics speakers in the workshop but the little mini hifi that powered them is long gone. This little box connects my phone by Bluetooth or my small dab radio via aux.

Well pleased. The Bose speaker will now go in the campervan.

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_155633_compress4.jpg
    IMG_20200716_155633_compress4.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 1,032
Re:

A few developments this week - pic shows today's Home Office =D

From the bottom:
Mid 1970s Pioneer SA 8500 Mk11 which someone gave me for the price of a few pints :cool:
Rotel power amp acquired this week for a tad over £50
Technics CD gotten off Freecycle as part of a whole system about 15 years ago
Technics CD #2 - just there whilst I sort out the transport
Cambridge DAB - to see if any use. Cost two tenners yesterday.
Keilidhs in the background

Have to say the Pioneer/Rotel combo is pretty fekkin good, probably as good as most I've heard.

Pleasantly surprised :xmas-big-grin:

Attachments

• homeoffice.jpg
    homeoffice.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 1,016
Back