Anyone use Aliexpress?

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
This questioned was asked on here a few years ago, but seeing its a few years on, and I've just seen there's an app for Aliexpress, has anyone used them?

AliExpress is fine to use but as with any other B2C platform you have to buy from trusted sellers and look out for negative feedback. It's not unsafe to use and you're likely to find some good deals, as long as you stay away from obvious knock off's of official brands. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. If we're talking bike stuff a lot of people use Alibaba and Aliexpress for buying finishing bits for bikes. I'd stay away from stuff like stems and other components that could lead to critical failure. But generally you'll have no issues with AliExpress as long as you stay cautious like you would on eBay, Amazon etc.

Re:

All the time, order something.
And it's a nice surprise to remember you ordered it at some point in the future 1wk to 2months normally, unless it codiv & Chinese New year.
at which point you end up getting everything free, but 3+ months later.

Money back and complaints have never been a problem, always quick and prompt at sorting things.
It seems to be a need of the platform to be like that.

I ordered some m525 hubs but ended up with m675 ones from a seller last month. It's not what I wanted but within the bounds of acceptability. Other stuff I've never had a problem with. Got some M6000 stuff on the way, maybe they'll mistake the 6 for an 8!

Bike related I sometimes buy grips, chainring bolts, aluminium inner cable ends and retro cycling jerseys.

Re:

Yeah I use it about as much as ebay, mainly for cycling bits and bobs, shipping can be anything from a week to a few months (but usually weeks). I've not bought anything of high value on there yet, but I've had zero issues thus far with my purchases.
As above, check out seller ratings and delivery method /times.
Try ordering something cheap and see what you think (and like Fluffy says, do it via Topcashback and pocket the 5% saving (it was 8% until recently)).

Back