Nearly there....

Re: Re:

wadsy":3itojhgl said:
Great to see you out and about Pip :D

Loving the new trousers! :cool:

And new boots too!....what are these ones?... look like desert issue!

Nice one on setting the fork up :)

When I was setting up the SP1 I had years back, I dropped the yolk height down the fork a few mm (iirc!) and it made the bike turn in so much nicer.

Cheers
Mmm, I'll leave the fork setting as it is for now, although I am very aware how much a Mountain bike's handling can be "livened up " by lowering the Crown - Axle. The Desert Boots are just an experiment in this very warm weather, and are only some generic make from e-Bay.

I did a loop today that included a bit of Motorway, and then a stop off for Lunch in Hungerford.

Thankfully, the town is more famous for its abundance of Antique shops, rather than the Hungerford massacre carried out by Michael Ryan. I just had a look on Wiki, and I had forgotten that he killed 16, and shot 15 more who survived. I used to work with a guy who went to school with him, and rather oddly he popped home to Hungerford that day in his lunchtime to pick something up. When he got back, he said that a shit load of Police cars were speeding along the A4 in the other direction as he was coming back to work - It was just unfolding..... blimey.

Hungerford 010620_2 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Hungerford 010620 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

La Cage in Chalk Farm. And of course, heaven. The king William in Hampstead was my local. Could always get a quiet drink from terry the barman after a shift.

Today’s ride. (In full camo)

Attachments

• 1C5AD136-8033-4CC4-98F7-F296A68AC7F3.jpeg
    1C5AD136-8033-4CC4-98F7-F296A68AC7F3.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 957
Retro Spud":1t8dlc6n said:
good to see you out and about Pip you certainly picked a nice day for a blast
Cheers handsome, I did indeed pick the day particularly to have a go at Motorway riding – sunny with light winds.

I have found that I am not at ease when riding this bike on a Motorway, and it is bugging me. I want to get my confidence up and visit my sister in Malvern. I used to drive for a living all over the country in a Merc Luton body van – very fast on a tight schedule, but I guess that I shouldn’t assume that things will be the same for me now as they were before.

I have to consider that really I am still a bit poorly – probably poorly enough to be signed off work if I was still working, so perhaps it is no surprise that driving or riding a motorbike should be approached with caution. Thinking about it now, I started treatment in January, and bought that Silver ZX6R in February, so I have only ridden a motorbike while on treatment.

I’m hoping that after I finish my last cycle that I may come out the other side with a bit more oomph, and think nothing of blasting down a Motorway.

I’m not sure what I am expecting anyone to say here, as I am just waffling really and putting down my thoughts while up at crazy o’ clock.

Pip

Nice looking bike. Pleased to see you out in the sun.

I don't know much about Motorbikes but a good mate has a Ninja. He pointed out the other day that the new S-Works E-Mtbs were more expensive than a brand new Ninja :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Keep the sunny pics coming. Dawn rise, back roads to Malvern, camp in your sisters garden over night if she has one.
Chris

dablk":upojo1r2 said:
Nice looking bike. Pleased to see you out in the sun.

I don't know much about Motorbikes but a good mate has a Ninja. He pointed out the other day that the new S-Works E-Mtbs were more expensive than a brand new Ninja :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Keep the sunny pics coming. Dawn rise, back roads to Malvern, camp in your sisters garden over night if she has one.
Chris
Thank you Chris for your post. I had a look at those S-Works E-Mtbs, and your mate is indeed correct that for less money, you can buy a new Ninja that has amazing technology and getting for 130bhp weighing around 425lbs, which equals to blinkin' fast.

I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me to take a more scenic route to Malvern. I have traveled that same way so many times of M4, A419/417, Birdlip, M5, M50, A38, Upton (previously under) Severn, Hanley Swan, Malvern...... so a more pleasant route beckons.

I reckon A34 to Abingdon, then cut across to Witney and pick up the A40 to hack across the Cotswolds to Cheltenham / Gloucester, and then pick up A38 north and I'm there.

Yes, there is a big garden at my sister's, and thinking about it, a marquee that they bought for my Niece's wedding. I'll get my brother in law to stick that up for me to sleep under!

Pip

pipmeister":3u2hpm29 said:
Yes, there is a big garden at my sister's, and thinking about it, a marquee that they bought for my Niece's wedding. I'll get my brother in law to stick that up for me to sleep under!

Sounds much more like a suitable palace than that pictured way back on page 12! :D

awesome buddy

hoping to get me a pass and motorised cycle when i eventually sell the classic track car

Back