Covid-19 & Cycling - Living with it - Wide Discussion

Sale water park area in Manchester is crowded with entitled new joggers and going out for a cycle is not fun unless well before 7:30am
Repaired a lot of junk for the neighbours but 4 families insist on playing football in the road on sunny evenings with all the kids and some disposable BBQ's too! No distancing as the kids(9 off) and adults all mingle and share food. Sometimes they have water pistol fights so bare hands go into the bucket to fill the pistols etc then if there is any virus transfer in the water, everyone gets some. They do stop at 8pm to clap the NHS but in a group.

Re:

Did a 10 mile Solo ride on the Explosif yesterday evening, saw a couple of old boys out on their Retro Specialized bikes, gave each other a little nod of appreciation.

Came home thoroughly aching but with a grin from ear to ear, the Kona scares me but it's the benchmark for the rest.

Going back out tonight to see if I can find the pair of testicles I lost on the Rocky downhill section :p

Re: Re:

widowmaker":2ilo67it said:
Going back out tonight to see if I can find the pair of testicles I lost on the Rocky downhill section :p

Somebody may have handed them in at the local Police station. Disinfectant hand-wash at the ready?

Re:

Scarborough front.

Attachments

• F9DCD604-DDC9-4FD2-BD78-41BFA3E52943.jpeg
    F9DCD604-DDC9-4FD2-BD78-41BFA3E52943.jpeg
    399.2 KB · Views: 1,559
France is continuing lifting the lockdown measures. That's right.

You can ride more than 100km now. Bars and restaurants opening for outside service. Hotels have
started to take bookings. So folks, throw caution to the wind, and get wind in your hair.

Get equipped now so you and your Missus can do the Cote d'Azur in the ultimate proper style on
some serious inexpensive infinitely classy retro : https://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/1787707752.htm/

You can be certain that will get the heads with designer face masks turning!

All this extra cycling has meant longer rides and a fitter me.

Whilst out we dropped a couple of roadies yesterday, us in our t shirts, them equipped and ready to battle a TDF stage.

I was on an MTB... :facepalm:

They'll so upset if they investigated their Strava flybys

Re:

A County lines ride for me yesterday ! Starting from home in Derbyshire , into Staffordshire at Tutbury. Continuing through the villages of Walton on Trent,Edingale, Lullington and Clifton Campville . Just clipping North Warwickshire at the village of No Mans Heath.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man%27 ... rwickshire

Then North West Leicestershire and area of "The National Forest" where I saw a good number of families out on their bikes . Finally back into Derbyshire.

As there are still very limited facilities for refreshment , I take my own and so cover more ground as a result . {less time spent drinking tea and waiting for food .}

Latest posts

Back