Nearly there....

Re:

I am going to quote THM now to justify my ranting here, because that is what this post will be:

“Keep us all informed. Share, rant, moan, laugh with us. We are here. Always.”

The accumulative effect of the Chemotherapy is now becoming apparent, and I am struggling to deal with the side effects. I spoke to my Oncologist on Wednesday 20th, and told her that I was keen to go ahead with cycle number 9 on Friday 22nd, although she suggested that I see how I feel with regards to progressing to cycle 10 a fortnight later. She mentioned that if I found the treatment too tough to continue with, that we could exclude the last 2 cycles from the protocol – blimey, it was a surprise to hear that.

Progressing with cycle 9 was touch and go as my Blood Count had fallen to a borderline level, and they needed to repeat the blood test again the next day on the Thursday to see if it had raised enough to go ahead. I am still self-administering White Blood Cell boosting injections, so it was on the cards that my poor little body may have recovered enough. Thankfully the 2nd result was just within range, so off I went on Friday to the WBCH.

By Friday evening however I was not having a good time, and just wanted to stop all of the treatment. Up until now I have recovered enough by the Monday or Tuesday to get on with stuff including riding my motorbike. There is no chance of anything like that at the moment. Then this morning I received the follow up letter regarding my telephone consultation with my Oncologist from the 20th, and she has put it in writing that I have the option to stop at 10 cycles.

“I have reassured him, that if we do cancel the last couple of cycles of treatment, it is not going to make a substantial difference to the outcome.”

Seeing it in writing has helped make the decision to stop at 10 cycles. I feel that it is a bit of a cop out, but remember that this treatment is not going to cure me, just delay the onset. I need to grab as much of this Summer as I can, so potentially I could be back doing stuff by mid-June if I stop at 10 cycles.

When I had my PIC Line flushed today I spoke to two senior Nurses, and they both said that I had hit a wall with the treatment, and there is no shame with wishing to stop after 10 cycles in June…… and salvaging the rest of this Summer.

Pip

Pip, while everyone is experiencing some form of weirdness in life at the moment, I can't even imagine how tough this must be for you.

The way you've coped has been inspirational.

Do whatever you need to do.

Much love from me, Friend.

Re: Re:

pipmeister":2db93nl7 said:
I need to grab as much of this Summer as I can

This ^

A tough decision to make Pip, but it makes sense.

You have to do what feels right for you.

Re:

Summer will be here. Grab it with both hands, ring it dry and know you have made the most of the time you have.

If you want to travel north there’s a bed and a Gibson waiting for you to break your ride.

Anytime.

Re:

Thank you all for your helpful words.

I must say THM I am keen to have a play on that Gibson of yours. I can't find it now, but I assume that it is either a Les Paul Junior Double Cutaway, or hopefully a Melody Maker? I always thought that the M.M. sounded great and looked cool being played by the relatively few players that chose to use one.

Pip

Re:

Rightyho, since cycle number 9, my recovery to something near tolerable has taken over a week, but at last I managed to get out and do something today - hurrah.

I took a trip out to Pangbourne on the Thames, which is super posh. It’s famous for its College and was where Kenneth Grahame, author of The Wind in the Willows, retired to. He died there in 1932. E. H. Shepherd's famous illustrations of his book are said to have been inspired by the Thameside landscape.

There was an air of relaxed relief from the few people that were on the Thameside Meadow. I chatted to a couple who turned up on a Harley Davidson armchair – crikey they are so common now. I can remember a time when it was a real boon to see one.

I have used my expertise of setting up SIDs to set up my Kawasaki’s Showa Forks. They have a similar arrangement with Spring rate (Pre-load) in one leg, and Compression & Rebound Damping adjustment in the other leg. It took three attempts, but I have got them so sweet now, that the bike seems glued to the road.

Yeah yeah, another pair of Urban Camo trousers - I think they may be ladies, as they are Lilac, which I can sort of get away with :facepalm: .

Pangbourne 300520_4 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pangbourne 300520_3 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Im hoping you actually went on your bike, and didnt just catch a bus there like that :shock: :LOL:

mk one":3rp6s5ud said:
Im hoping you actually went on your bike, and didnt just catch a bus there like that :shock: :LOL:
That did make me chuckle, as it reminded me of when I was on the “Scene” in that there London.

I used to live near the Coleherne in Earls Court, which was a notorious Gay Leather Bar. It’s even in the Stranglers song “Hanging Around”. Not quite like the Blue Oyster Bar in Police Academy, but guys dressed the same – sort of like the Leather guy in The Village People. Anyway, some guys were the real deal and would ride there on their motorbike, but I was astonished when I saw some Leather guy getting out of a Taxi wearing a Motorcycle Jacket, Chaps and carrying a crash helmet – bless him!

Pip

Re:

Great to see you out and about Pip :D

Loving the new trousers! :cool:

And new boots too!....what are these ones?... look like desert issue!

Nice one on setting the fork up :)

When I was setting up the SP1 I had years back, I dropped the yolk height down the fork a few mm (iirc!) and it made the bike turn in so much nicer.

Cheers

Back