Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:51 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:50 pm 
Old School Grand Master

You'd think over the past 8 weeks that there'd be an opportunity to to take a good look at the to do list of site improvements. Sure, we've all had conflicting priorities and challenges but collectively I'm pretty sure there'd be enough hands to help out if the call to action was put out there.

Perhaps one of those things could have been the registration process. Or the long awaited upgrade we've heard about. Or maybe just small things like sorting out the front page. A bit of promo. Anything.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:51 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

There is (was) a fully working new board setup for testing...
no idea what happened to that.

Post subject: Re: Site Issues Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:05 pm 
Retro Guru

Seems to be a lot of moaning on this thread lately. Me ? I'm just grateful Retrobike still exists.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:30 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

because members have popped back and the place is a bit busier again, so while they wait for prices to drop and parts to become available, people have a good moan.

That and there has been large amount of spam, it makes new/active topics hard to follow at times.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:22 pm 
Retro Guru

Once spam bots start arriving in huge numbers it'll only be a matter of time before loads more come along. I reckon a simply upgrade to a newer, more complex captcha system such as Google Recaptcha would do wonders. A lot of the changes that could be made to solve those issues are rather minor, simple things.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:04 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

Couple of quick points.

Put a chunk of time in today to revisit, update and increase the 'sensitivity' of the anti-spam settings. Looks ok thus far, clearly will end up with more false positives but will deal with that as it comes. There are a doubtlessly a few already registered users, hopefully binned most accounts but expect there will be some pop up.

Please report the spam posts (don't reply) and will try and keep on top of it from my / our side.

Regarding time for more wide ranging updates (fortunately) still working full time so not had endless time to put into the site / learn eskimo / complete jigsaws.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:11 am 
Retro Guru

Cheers John

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:32 am 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

No jigsaws?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:30 am 
Old School Grand Master

Good to hear progress being made re settings.

John wrote:
Regarding time for more wide ranging updates (fortunately) still working full time so not had endless time to put into the site / learn eskimo / complete jigsaws.

al-onestare wrote:
Sure, we've all had conflicting priorities and challenges but collectively I'm pretty sure there'd be enough hands to help out if the call to action was put out there.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:24 pm 
Retro Guru

To say we're 'moaning' is an insult imo. Constructive criticism is a good thing, otherwise how will things improve ? Do we just accept it as the norm and carry on ? In this instance the customer i.e the members, are right. Genuine users posting on here will get frustrated with the continual swamping of spam messages and give up. Is that what you want ?
On a (much) more positive note : I've noticed a vast improvement/reduction in spam postings very recently, so whatever is/was being done is to be congratulated and I'd like to pass on my thanks to whomever is/was working behind the scenes as such, to sort out this annoyance, it's much appreciated :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next