Nearly there....

Re:

A bit of an update on things here at Pip’s Palace.

I bought a Paddock Stand, which makes everything easier for working on and cleaning the bike :) .

ZX6R Paddock Stand 160320_2 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Anyway, I spent a bit of time doing some tweaking. I didn’t like look of the rear seat cowl cover all that much, so I replaced it with the original pillion seat, which I think looks neater. I can’t imagine actually sitting pillion on this bike, but I reckon it will be a better base for strapping something that I am carrying.

This was taken on the A338 before the latest instruction to stay at home was given:

ZX6R Pip 250320_4 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Some if you may have noticed a rather ugly Twin USB socket bolted to the Upper Inner Fairing with very untidy wiring poking outwards. I’ll never use it, so I sat in the lovely sunshine yesterday and set about taking it off. Sadly it was directly wired to the battery. To get to the battery on this bike, it’s Side Panels off, Seat off, Fuel Tank hinged up on it’s pivot and chocked up with some wood, then disconnect the USB wiring from the battery terminals - easy. Unthread the twin wires back to the USB socket, and merely pop it all back together. Makes a change from working on a bicycle ;) .

There was also a Tomtom bracket mounted there, which I removed and then filled the holes with plastic pop rivets.

ZX6R USB Removal by Philip Mock, on Flickr

In other news: Tomorrow I have a telephone consultation with my Oncologist instead of attending the Berkshire Cancer Centre for my usual Clinic. I am yet to discover if my next cycle number 6 is going ahead as planned on Thursday. I heard that the RBH are relocating the Chemo treatment to Bracknell, which will be less than convenient :roll: .

Pip

Re:

Good to see you're enjoying the sun and tinkering with the bike Pip :)

Not good about the relocation though! :roll:

Yes, definatlly looks sleaker with the seat on. My old RSV Milie had a huge rear hump, used to prefer the pillion seat also, though used to put cowl back on for MOT as i didnt have pillion pegs, which you need if you run the seat.

I also had one of those paddock stands, it collapsed on me one day, the bolts had come loose on the arms, they arent very long bolts. Luckily the bike was in the garage and fell onto some boxes so didnt get damaged. Heavy old thing to pick up but addrenelin kicked in :) So, make sure you check the bolts on the arms regular mate!

Re:

Rightyho, a little update on things:

The Chemotherapy Ward has indeed been moved from the RBH to Bracknell.

I found the telephone Clinic consultation with my Oncologist on the 6th a little trickier, as I’m not sat in front of her. She was pleased with my reported side effects, and said that the treatment is going well. I had to remind her that I need a C.T. Scan after this next Chemo Cycle number 6. I now have an appointment on 14th April for the Scan to be done at WBCH. She will then telephone me with the result on the 20th. It will be a big “meeting” as I will be told how the Cancer is responding to the Treatment.

This will be a crossroads with regards to the future. If the Cancer is not responding to the treatment, my understanding is that Oncology will recommend that the Chemotherapy is stopped, and let nature takes its course. If however the legions in my Liver, and the nodes in Abdomen, Trachea and Bowel are reducing in size as a result of the Chemotherapy, then it will be suggested that I continue for another 6 Cycles. I may be given an end date, with either of those scenarios, which will mean that I can plan what I can do with the time left – notwithstanding this bloody virus :roll: .

Anyway, I managed to blag a lift again to and from Bracknell Hospital with my builder mate. I can do it on the train in future if need be, but I have to change at Reading, and walk about a mile to the Hospital - oh and it's 2 1/4 miles at this end from my place to Thatcham Station. Bracknell Hospital is fairly small and empty of people, but it is new and clean. I was put in a corridor for my Chemotherapy infusion – sadly no window to look out of!

The Chemo had already been driven over from the RBH, so that all went okay. When it was time to leave however, I was told that my anti-side effect injections and Dexys were still at the RBH, so I had to wait for a couple of hours for them to be driven over. Overall not too bad when you consider that they have had to move an entire ward and all the staff to another Hospital.

I did ask various members of staff what is happening to the King Edward Ward at the RBH. Whichever way I carefully posed the question, I could not get a straight answer.

Pip

Hope it goes well.

It sounds like a lot of miles to walk to get there, will they not lay on transport for you? when i had my hospital visits they used to provide free taxi's.

mk one":3507994e said:
Hope it goes well.

It sounds like a lot of miles to walk to get there, will they not lay on transport for you? when i had my hospital visits they used to provide free taxi's.
There are drivers for a local volunteer Macmillan taxi service, but it's exposing me to yet one more person who could be carrying the virus. They would be driving a small family car. I'm sat in the back of my mate's builders truck 2 meters away form him, which I reckon is less of a risk.

The trains are apparently empty, and I can keep my distance away from other passengers. I dunno Mark - I'm just thinking about reducing the risk. I've walked it loads of times when I caught the train the the RBH from Jan to July 2018. I've even done it with riding a bike to and from the stations, but they've put new rolling stock on now with limited bike spaces..... and I had to lock the bike up for 5 hours outside the hospital, which make me twitchy. I took two locks, but that it it heavy to carry on the way home when I was full of Chemo!

Pip

Wasnt even thinking about the current virus situation, your right, a taxi is probably not a good idea at moment. I do have visions of you now though, sat in the back of a pick up truck amongst rubble, shovels and a cement mixer :LOL:

I suppose there isnt a lot of people roaming the streets eyeing up your bike at present times, though a cheap runabout would be an ideal solution.

Back