Nearly there....

So sorry to read this.. +1 on the positive thoughts being sent.

F#*k man..... having lost mum to metastasised breast cancer into her spine late last year, I really feel for you and your family.
Wishing you well for the treatment and for the future

G

Re:

Just reading this on my break. You have my thoughts and best wishes, positivity and hopes for your future. Keep us all informed. Share, rant, moan, laugh with us. We are here. Always.

Whilst it'd be neat that this wasn't happening, let's remember Pip is actually a machine. Who rides bikes a week after major surgery?

So, a system reboot should sort this out ;)

:shock:

as has been written above please don't become a stranger around these parts - we're with you

Re:

Thank you very much guys – all of this help, as does getting it all down on here.

As Jason said “Keep us all informed. Share, rant, moan, laugh with us. We are here. Always.”

My plan is to keep riding for as long as I can, but it is difficult to make any plans with the current vague information. I hope to get out a bit between Chemo cycles, which are every two weeks. Just before each Chemo cycle I will be at my best, but as the treatment continues, the Chemo will have an accumulative effect, and the side effects will be more apparent. As my Immune System depletes, all sorts of things start to happen, so I may not be able to keep to that plan.

We currently don’t know how my health will be at the end of 3 months and a review. If I am not coping with the side-effects, and I then decide to stop, I understand that I can start again after a break from the current treatment protocol. There is a slight complication with that though. I have been offered a Targeting Chemo chemical called Cetuximab. I understand that it is new, and can only be started once. If this drug is added to the protocol, they are not permitted to start it again after a break. The side-effects of this drug will be in addition to the side effects of the 4 Chemo chemicals that I started yesterday. These seem pretty horrendous to me with a rash on the face and back (I did look at some pictures!) and a whole host of others.

Anyway, when I was told the advantage of this targeting drug, I was thoroughly alarmed. We were discussing the possibility of adding it, and I was told that the section of Bowel that was removed in Nov 2017, will be tested for suitability of me receiving the drug. It turns out that I am, and that the addition of this drug would give me a few weeks. How do you mean a few weeks I asked? A few weeks longer survival was the reply!...... Fu#king hell, why bother!

I have asked, can I expect to feel as fit as I do now (or rather as I was on Wednesday) after 3 or possibly 6 months of Chemo, and a period of recovery. They told me that they do not know – oh great, that’s how vague it is! My current plan then is to try and stick it out for at least 3 months, and then have a break and recover from Chemo. This could give me some quality time for the Summer. I am told by my family and friends (and even my G.P) that I should do a bucket list. If I can get back to some sort of fitness, I may be able to have a bit of fun. I used to have a very hedonistic Rock ‘n’ Roll lifestyle, and have done a shit load of stuff, so I can’t see me wanting to add to any of that malarkey now. I’m not keen on travelling abroad, but I may buy a Motorbike, as I have owned a good few in the past, and I went on a refresher course last year. If I get to the point where I can’t continue to ride in the manner that I am accustomed, I can probably still twist a Motorbike throttle, and get pulled along. I would just visit places in the U.K. that I haven’t been to. Maybe blast up to Hull, and visit Mick Ronson’s grave for example. I’ve probably been to most places that the mighty Black Sabbath have stood for a photo shoot, but you get the idea.

In other, but related news, my Company made me redundant from today by way of a sort of convenient coincident for them. My production job has been transferred to our head office in Redditch, and I spent the last few days trying to train some poor bloke that has been told he will be taking on my work – good luck with that then. I got the required amount of redundancy settlement paid in to my bank last night, so I could get a Motorbike right now, and wait for the Summer!

Pip

If you do take that trip up to Hull - I expect THM will intercept you on his boxer twin for a few miles/smiles

Re:

Too right. Let me know. Here’s plenty of us up this way. I have space if you want to do an overnight stop and ride the moors and coast.

Re: Re:

pipmeister":1y1nn5k0 said:
so I could get a Motorbike right now, and wait for the Summer!

Pip

:cool: But why wait for summer mate?

Im am always up for a ride out. I am planning to go up scotland to ride the North Coast 500 this year if you fancy a longer road trip.

Back