Where are the politics threads? General Election blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see so much unwillingness to engage on the topic. The country is on its knees and it's only going to get worse under these fascist bastards.
The level of hypocrisy and racism I'm witnessing elsewhere is truly horrifying. I need a lift, from like minded free thinkers.

If you're truly not interested in the fate of the country there are a shed load of other threads you can browse instead, feel free to ignore this one. Anyone that is willing to share the abject disappointment and discuss possible future discourse please feel free to do so.
There must surely be a few cycling comrades here?

Any trolls, please, just stick the the Daily Mail comments section. PLEASE.

Go to a political site then. This sort of thread and the views expressed as above using inflammatory and insulting language have caused nothing but trouble in the past. That has already been pointed out to you by others.

The last time we ended up discussing a ban of g and o t all together. Thankfully members have refrained from poking the wasps’ nest until now. Hence the section has run fairly smoothly with lightweight or alternative interest threads.

KeepItSteel":1dcyw1gv said:
The country is on its knees and it's only going to get worse under these fascist bastards.

ah political threads, mods hate them, which is why a lot of them got deleted last time as it got out of hand, and no one ever learns that a bike forum is not the place and we don't want the hassle of cleaning up the mess, vote left, vote right, we don't care, we want to see old metal, preferably being ridden.

you might think the above quoted comment is right, i might, others might, then there's someone who doesn't, then an argument starts, to quote jonathan pie "when has calling names ever convinced the other side that your opinion is right"

so i'll leave this unlocked at the moment, but like any other political thread it's at risk of being locked/deleted, and it'll be the contributors of the thread that will be to blame not the mods, and if another thread then opens to continue a deleted thread it'll get binned as well, and so on.

fyi, it's not that i'm not interested or un-engaged with politics, it is important, it's just when did arguing on a bike forum ever help other than make your bike mate suddenly realise he hates your guts.

consider this a polite warning to all

Re:

For gods sake lock the damn thing.This is a bike forum .we had enough of the festering last time and Im not visiting the thread again so save the insults

KeepItSteel":14jzr8qf said:
Sad to see so much unwillingness to engage on the topic. The country is on its knees and it's only going to get worse under these fascist bastards.
The level of hypocrisy and racism I'm witnessing elsewhere is truly horrifying. I need a lift, from like minded free thinkers.

If you're truly not interested in the fate of the country there are a shed load of other threads you can browse instead, feel free to ignore this one. Anyone that is willing to share the abject disappointment and discuss possible future discourse please feel free to do so.

I dunno, 3 banners and it all goes to your head.

Re:

I have only just started coming back occasionally to the site after the appalling stuff that went on in GaOT all that time ago. I finally accepted that it was safe to do so.

Seems a bit of a shame that I and others should decide to stop coming on a bike forum to talk about, erm, bikes, because others want to be on a bike forum talking about politics....?? If you honestly feel that passionate about it, surely there are other forums dedicated to your interests that could better serve your requirements??

In the interests of getting this thread locked ASAFP;

47.5 million voted.

only 13.9 million of those voted Tory.

That means less than a third of the people who voted wanted them.

10.2 million voted Labour.

3.6m lib dem.

1.2m SNP.

It's happened, lets make it work, move on, and have a great Christmas.

For the record, I voted tactically to try to prevent the Conservatives getting in.

KeepItSteel":3tiakmmf said:

Agree with you. I've gone from depression to anger to depression back anger. No wonder Karl Marks couldn't understand the English working class. Would drive him mad. I've given up and focus on animal welfare. They need a voice to defend them. As Johnson's dad said on TV the voters are stupid. You get what you vote for.

jonnyboy666":1lygnogm said:
KeepItSteel":1lygnogm said:
The country is on its knees and it's only going to get worse under these fascist bastards.

ah political threads, mods hate them, which is why a lot of them got deleted last time as it got out of hand, and no one ever learns that a bike forum is not the place and we don't want the hassle of cleaning up the mess, vote left, vote right, we don't care, we want to see old metal, preferably being ridden.

you might think the above quoted comment is right, i might, others might, then there's someone who doesn't, then an argument starts, to quote jonathan pie "when has calling names ever convinced the other side that your opinion is right"

so i'll leave this unlocked at the moment, but like any other political thread it's at risk of being locked/deleted, and it'll be the contributors of the thread that will be to blame not the mods, and if another thread then opens to continue a deleted thread it'll get binned as well, and so on.

fyi, it's not that i'm not interested or un-engaged with politics, it is important, it's just when did arguing on a bike forum ever help other than make your bike mate suddenly realise he hates your guts.

consider this a polite warning to all

Cheers, JB but please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back