Nearly there....

Re: Re:

al-onestare":2256141o said:
Raise a glass and bust a move to the man Pip - I'm super-stoked to report yesterdays operation was a success: he's joined up without the bag.

Rest up dude!

Great news! :D

Re: Re:

al-onestare":2n86l795 said:
giphy.gif

Raise a glass and bust a move to the man Pip - I'm super-stoked to report yesterdays operation was a success: he's joined up without the bag.

Rest up dude!

Good news, and don’t try to emulate the Fresh Prince for a week or two!

Re:

Thank you everyone for your helpful encouragement; and thankyou Alasdair for updating this thread while I was still in Hospital with no access to the Internet :oops: .

I was discharged a mere 5 days after surgery, which I find remarkable :shock: . The Surgeon was able to successfully re-join the Bowel ready to function again, so no temporary bag for a few months :D .

I am sore from the open surgery, and my guts feel like I have had a serous beer session followed by a bad curry. The Surgeon told me to expect that for about 6 weeks.

Currently, I can manage to walk a few hundred yards, which again I find remarkable. Sleep is difficult with the discomfort, and only Paracetamol for pain relief. Anyway, as long as I can grab a few winks here and there – it doesn’t really matter what time of day or night it may be as I always have this site to browse at silly o' clock…. like now for example.

Pip

Back