Nearly there....

Re:

I have written privately to a few members on here with this news, but here is an update.

My surgery to reverse my Colostomy was due to take place last Monday 3rd June. Sadly, it was cancelled on the day.

I was first on the list to go down, and had my indent wrist and ankle bands fitted, had my blood taken, and had met the Anaesthetist and the Surgeon’s Registrar. They explained the possible scenarios & risks again, and I signed the Consent Form for a second time, as they couldn’t find a record of the one that I had already signed. This was all before 08:15.

Finally I met the Surgeon, who told me that there are now couple of Cancer patients who require Surgery that day, so I was now second or possibly third on the list. The more urgent of those other two could take 4 hours as the Cancer was deep in the Bowel. The second operation would only take a couple of hours. I thought to myself at this point that mine will be cancelled.

I was told not to drink anything after 10:00, and just waited in the arrivals lounge. Last swig of water at 10:00, then 11:00 came and went then 12:00. By 13:00 I was beginning to fade as I hadn’t eaten since 17:00 the day before. At 13:30 they told me that the Surgeon was still in Theatre with the first patient, and that my operation was cancelled.

I was told that I would receive a phone call and letter with a new date. I grabbed an energy bar from my rucksack and gulped that down, then headed straight to the Hospital Restaurant.

They called me at work on Thursday, and told me that my rescheduled date is for the 17th June. Hey-ho, here we go again with the anxious build up.

Pip.

I am always grateful that these days so much can be done to keep us lodging along. Not so many years ago we’d just be told.......

Hang in there old son. At least the op is merely corrective rather than anything more sinister.

And remember. Shit happens.

See what I did there?

Best regards thm

The History Man":2mmhibug said:
See what I did there?

Best regards thm

:facepalm:

When they start talking to you - What exactly do those voices in your head say ? :D

Re:

giphy.gif

Raise a glass and bust a move to the man Pip - I'm super-stoked to report yesterdays operation was a success: he's joined up without the bag.

Rest up dude!

Back