Young people who smoke cannabis

KeepItSteel":3tpo10yl said:
videojetman":3tpo10yl said:
You can’t really compare marijuana & canabis to sugar crisps & sweets. That would be like comparing a shark to a gold fish.
Going back to my original point, what people do in their own homes is quite fine with me, not a problem at all. But having no choice in breathing this crap will always have my back up.

My point was more aimed at the fact that sugar, whilst a very different product, is a known contributor to worldwide obesity and multiple horrendous illnesses, and millions of premature deaths - yet it is not prohibited. I was drawing parralels to other contraband and people's rights to access.

I don't know where you're hanging out but I only tend to smell it a couple times a year, maybe at the beach or at a music venue.
I hate passive smoking myself, yet accept that it is pretty much unavoidable in certain circumstances, I also hate diesel fumes and other traffic pollution but it's a way of life.
Out of the above I know which I'd rather smell publicly.

sadly where I live there are a lot of drug smokers and open dealing going on.
it is a lot worse in the summer months, and my garden which i like to think of as a safe haven is polluted with the stench of drugs.
i realise this subject is a trigger for me.

videojetman":3uz74zkj said:
KeepItSteel":3uz74zkj said:
videojetman":3uz74zkj said:
You can’t really compare marijuana & canabis to sugar crisps & sweets. That would be like comparing a shark to a gold fish.
Going back to my original point, what people do in their own homes is quite fine with me, not a problem at all. But having no choice in breathing this crap will always have my back up.

My point was more aimed at the fact that sugar, whilst a very different product, is a known contributor to worldwide obesity and multiple horrendous illnesses, and millions of premature deaths - yet it is not prohibited. I was drawing parralels to other contraband and people's rights to access.

I don't know where you're hanging out but I only tend to smell it a couple times a year, maybe at the beach or at a music venue.
I hate passive smoking myself, yet accept that it is pretty much unavoidable in certain circumstances, I also hate diesel fumes and other traffic pollution but it's a way of life.
Out of the above I know which I'd rather smell publicly.

sadly where I live there are a lot of drug smokers and open dealing going on.
it is a lot worse in the summer months, and my garden which i like to think of as a safe haven is polluted with the stench of drugs.
i realise this subject is a trigger for me.

I get it mate, and there will never be a good social solution to drugs, whether use or supply.

History tells us that

mkone":2vx8ends said:
KeepItSteel":2vx8ends said:
mkone":2vx8ends said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZceAQSJvc

Awesome video. Although I suspect there was a fair amount of LSD going around the crowd too :)

but stay away from the brown acid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzFongNGuQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_raXzIRgsA
I think this would be the most appropriate act for me at Woodstock in 69.

I would have had the Acid, and i would have had the Horn.

the problem with your solution is not everyone is happy sticking with weed.
this will not stop drug dealers.
weed is not harmless as a lot of people seem to think.

I've previously mentioned this, but I'm afraid that the vast majority of this same people will find their way to hard drugs without any assistance from cannabis. Those that are looking to tread a riskier path will do so regardless,l. I have little experience of heroin users other than one school friend who became addicted - as far as I know he never touched cannabis.

I'm fact, most of the dealers Ive ever used have only sold weed, or hash - some may have mushrooms or acid, but that's it. I've literally never been offered heroin before.

I've not said that weed is harmless, but it's not the monster that the government et al would have you believe either.

A model where one is allowed to grow their own makes perfect sense.

Let's also not forget that in liberal countries where decriminalisation or legalisation of weed and/or hard drugs has taken place, addiction numbers have dropped. Statistics are literally showing us that legalisation works.

I get it mate, and there will never be a good social solution to drugs, whether use or supply.

Although decriminalisation and safe areas like coffee shops/social clubs will help provide alternative areas. I've been to Amsterdam many times, I rarely ever see someone smoking in the street, it's a coffee shop/home culture.

I will add one more point which may not be related to weed.
my lad who is dabbling with many substances other than weed gets his supply off his mates who are still kids.
seeing my lad battle with addiction is heartbreaking.
and i do agree there is a place for cannabis as an alternative to medicines.
but as its been stated. most people who smoke weed mix it with tobacco.
when i used weed i added it to coffee. tobacco has always turned me green.

I have an aversion to tobacco too, it makes me go green around the gills.
Vaping cannabis is a carcinogen free alternative to smoking.

I truly hope your son gets his shit sorted. It must be incredibly tough to witness. I hope you have access to appropriate help.

Re:

The ancient Greek word pharmakon, from which we get ' pharmacology', 'pharmacy', etc. meant both 'remedy' and 'poison'. It seems to me they summed up the double-edged nature of drugs two-and-a-half thousand years before any of us appeared on the scene.

sinnerman":sm37uyrh said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_raXzIRgsA
I think this would be the most appropriate act for me at Woodstock in 69.

I would have had the Acid, and i would have had the Horn.

Ah! Grace Slick! Bless her! Brilliant singer and Jefferson Airplane were a great band. Anyway, here's a video of the Grateful Dead, who knew a thing or two about drugs, at Ken Kesey's farm. I have a sneaky suspicion that one or two of the frollicking youngsters might have been smoking pot. ;) Is this really the type of behaviour we want to encourage in young people? :shock:
https://youtu.be/IXLP7SDksao

Again, that comes down to the choice of the individual. Becoming an adult is all about making choices, but being denied any option by an authorization is a form of repression.

We have rules about age limits regarding sex, driving, drinking, etc. These are perfectly reasonable guidelines to follow. Simple prohibition drives a negative response in society. Give the people freedom of choice, don't assume.

Your 'young people' are just as likely to source black market contraband of any description (alcohol included).

I think I will be moving my lad into my shed, the smell of this s##t has woken me up and forced me to my summer house. I hate this brain altering (not in a good way) sh##te.

Back