Young people who smoke cannabis

Re:

There have been many very successful drug users, like Keith Moon, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin...

Different kinds of drugs, for different kinds of deaths.

Nobody in the history of the world has OD'd on weed

I realise my views on drugs don’t fit in with majority, but when you grow up with a drug dealing dad.
And seeing my brother go from smoking harmless pot. To shooting up heroin. And stealing mums pain killers.
Or seeing my son in hospital through taking mdma & ket, all starting with weed.
I could go on, but I think I will leave it there.

videojetman":35zgtv31 said:
I’ve got nothing against people smoking whatever, but why do they have to do it in public now ?
I’ve lost count of the times I have to breath in this sh**.

I do agree with you. I don’t want to breath in smoke, vape, industrial waste, petrol fumes or weed. I don’t think anyone should be forcing any of them on others. It’s a bit like farting in a crowded lift.

I was recently out in San Francisco and the all invading smell was of weed and it actually made me feel a little uneasy and intimidated as it was everywhere, I suppose it comes from the fact that it’s illegal over here and so my association is with that (...that and the fact that I was caught feet away from a knife fight between two drug gangs on my first few days out there...).

Re:

Although, as someone said earlier, the legalisation of cannabis would attract standard capitalist drives to increase profits, probably through increased consumption, stronger forms, etc., I'm not sure that's very different from now. Isn't that happening anyway, because the cannabis trade is already a capitalist market, just an illegal one? I don't really have strong feelings one way or another about legalisation but criminalisation doesn't seem to be working very well.

It is possible to overdose on cannabis, by the way, but the overdosing is rarely if ever fatal - just unpleasant symptoms. There again, it's possible to overdose on anything. Alcohol is possibly worse.

videojetman":u3fzgaot said:
I realise my views on drugs don’t fit in with majority, but when you grow up with a drug dealing dad.
And seeing my brother go from smoking harmless pot. To shooting up heroin. And stealing mums pain killers.
Or seeing my son in hospital through taking mdma & ket, all starting with weed.
I could go on, but I think I will leave it there.

That's a lot of bad experience, to put it mildly. For what it's worth, you have my sympathies and not fitting in with the majority is absolutely fine as far as I'm concerned. But, as a matter of interest, what would you ideally like to see in the way of a drugs policy?

In the typical understanding of the term 'overdose' , I'll clear up any ambiguity - No-one has ever suffered a fatality as a result of cannabis intake.
You can theoretically administer a lethal dose, but it's something like the equivalent of smoking your own body weight in weed in one session (many have tried bit failed).

You can OD from drinking too much water. Or ingesting too much sugar, or salt, or caffeine. Many have died from doing so, yet most of us manage to stay well within RDAs.

Weed regularly gets referred to as the 'gateway' drug. I don't subscribe to this (sorry). If you have an addictive personality and or are reckless in life, you will find your way to harmful substances one way or another, be that alcohol or hard drugs - or anything else.
I believe it's personality driven, certainly not cannabis driven.
I do not mean to demean the suffering of those that are caught up in a vicious cycle, alas, the black market will always be there in a criminalised model.

Re: Re:

CassidyAce":379n3mkl said:
That's a lot of bad experience, to put it mildly. For what it's worth, you have my sympathies and not fitting in with the majority is absolutely fine as far as I'm concerned. But, as a matter of interest, what would you ideally like to see in the way of a drugs policy?

I am not an advocate of legalising drugs, but tobacco and alcohol are probably the worst out there.
But I don’t think legalising canabis would work due to the types of weed on the street available.
Canabis is like any drug and in my view is addictive.
My son started with the ecig thing, and quickly moved on to mixing very dangerous substances. Like ket. MDMA & lsd.
Even due to some very narrow escapes he still pursues that elusive high.
I myself dabbled in drug use mainly weed, a so called friend gave me some of his “weed” and it scared the life out of me. That was enough to call an end to my drug use. That was over 25 years ago.
Going back to my original comment, the smell of weed brings out some strong emotions. And there is enough pollution in Runcorn air.

Latest posts

Back