Young people who smoke cannabis

I’m certainly not disagreeing with you. You are a knowledgable and educated person on this subject and I would never challenge your experience and understanding.

The real sad thing is regulation and big business go hand in hand these days and they will look to expand the market, increase the usage and frequency of usage and increase dependence of customers.
They will also look to increase the medical usage through reduction of diagnosis criteria and expand self-identification of symptoms which they will then enable doctors to convert to prescriptions through legal routes much the same way as they have already done with the opioid market.

Totally agree on the cigarettes, I was MLights. And I still haven’t got on to spirits, but I never drank for the joy of the drink, I drank for the joy of being drunk like most kids, teens and young adults.

One final thing. I personally know no alcoholics, yet in January was asked to sponsor countless people who were doing Dry January. If alcohol wasn’t socially and mentally addictive why would we reward people for simply not drinking! Our definition of addiction is skewed to ease our guilt about our addictions.

Re:

You read the second part of my post-I know a lot of people addicted to alcohol, they just don’t realise it!

I’ve got nothing against people smoking whatever, but why do they have to do it in public now ?
I’ve lost count of the times I have to breath in this sh**.

I love smelling it in public :)

Always more pleasant to me at last than a cigarette or a great plume of strawberry nicotine vape

regarding young people who smoke cannabis, or any of the other substances being used.
Sadly the young are in a culture of instant gratification.
It’s like seeing a future ruled by stoned zombies.
That being said there are still a minority who will have good brains to use when they get older.

Re:

There was a cannabis anti-legalisation campaigner not so long ago on TV. His sole concern was that as a legal product cannabis would be sold via companies with typical corporate adgendas: yearly growth via increased customer base, expansion of the market - by advertising and promotion and product development. The upshot being that there would ultimately be many more users than if it remained as an illegal substance. If there was a lucrative market, then there would be investment from ‘big business’ and growth / consumption would continue to rise.

I think this was a well-made, logical point and I think society should always consider this when legalising / de-criminalising substances. I.e the capatalist mentaility will always push for profit, if it is legally possible to do so, with little regard for the subsequent impact of the product.

SP

I'd be happy with decriminalisation, which would probably prevent the capitalist pigs doing their thing.

It sounds more like the real issue we face is capitalism itself.
Power to the people!

Re:

Stoned zombies lol. I have a friend who some would/did describe as a silly chav addidas trakies pug 106 smoked pot mdma ketamine. At 23 he is the first person to be employed straight from tech. by Mclaren.
He's designing cam shafts for the new F1. In short he has acheived his dream, he attibutes this partly to "not getting ******* pissed up like the rest of my mates"
I think education is key. Stereotyping drug users is just silly.

Back