Audi A2 -Do you drive a retro car?

Joe_Rides":1obw2wpc said:
1997 Toyota Starlet, cost £300 in 2017 and I've had more than 15k of pretty trouble free miles.

Been camping with the bikes on a rack;

Also just done a 300 mile round trip over xmas to wales. Amazing reliability for what is basically your nans shopping car.
Now thats how it should be done,love it!

I drive a slightly knackered 1991 Mazda MX-5. I'm well aware of everything it says about me - mid life crisis, hairdresser, etc. etc. - but I've seldom driven anything that's such fun in the corners. Happiness is a scruffy sports car, in my book. Only downside is I can't fit a bike in it.

Johnny Ragwort":5lreu7e4 said:
Only downside is I can't fit a bike in it.

That's why I bought a Volvo 940. It easily takes 4 bikes. And the rwd makes you smile on wet roundabouts. After a lot of fast but a bit dull BMW's this big tank makes driving fun again. Lots of driver involvement and great steering feel.

Remko":25aej3lp said:
Johnny Ragwort":25aej3lp said:
Only downside is I can't fit a bike in it.

That's why I bought a Volvo 940.

I had a 940 for a while, but t was a bit of a dog and I eventually sold it for scrap. But one of the best cars I ever had was a black 240GLT estate. Rare as hen's teeth in black and cool as you like. I once spun it on a wet roundabout. Best £130 I ever spent!

Re:

Cool car, especially in black. The GLT and Turbo with the black grille had the extra touch the 240 needed. :cool:

Latest posts

Back