New and Ego searches not working????????????

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2gs2sapp said:
Mike Muz 67":2gs2sapp said:
Working here now for me.

I daren't look to see if photos are just blank boxes though, as they have been of late. :roll:

Mike

Nope. Blank boxes again :facepalm:

which pictures Mike? will see if they are blank for me too!

mark

What photos are blank Mike, please send me a link - all looks fine here.

Not 100% sure as to issue, a hefty kick to the server has resolved it. Will keep an eye next few days.

Also, users can now select the regular subsilver template which will disable the sidebar.

John":2sbquohw said:
Next time there is an issue with the site best way to get it resolved asap is to email john@retrobike.co.uk. Should be sorted now.

There is a discussion to be had about the future of the site, for sure. I'd disagree with many of the points made on this thread and elsewhere but am equally aware that getting into a debate on such matters is unlikely to change a subsection of user's opinions.

Two points to make are
-The site is not being wound down.
-Perceived lack of involvement with the site is just that. Everything is going on behind the scenes to ensure the site runs and continues running. The time I have now to put into the site is considerably less than it has been in the past, the way it goes as one grows older and work and family commitments change.

Thank you John, genuinely happy to hear the site is still going strong and glad to see search is working again. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on subscriptions

John":15hfzkxt said:
Next time there is an issue with the site best way to get it resolved asap is to email john@retrobike.co.uk. Should be sorted now.

There is a discussion to be had about the future of the site, for sure. I'd disagree with many of the points made on this thread and elsewhere but am equally aware that getting into a debate on such matters is unlikely to change a subsection of user's opinions.

Two points to make are
-The site is not being wound down.
-Perceived lack of involvement with the site is just that. Everything is going on behind the scenes to ensure the site runs and continues running. The time I have now to put into the site is considerably less than it has been in the past, the way it goes as one grows older and work and family commitments change.

It'd be useful to know what's coming up and what we can do to help.

Just got a notification. Glad to see it back to normal. I was only asking. Not stirring. Nice to hear from you John with some words of comfort.

Changes afoot here too.

Cheers John :)

I run a considerably smaller forum than retrobike, and the work that goes on behind the scenes is never ending.

Good work!!!

Few points here based on longer term plans for the site. Ideally want to move to a new platform which offers more features and would allow the admin load to be better spread. However most of the time spent on the site this year has been endless sticking plasters for various issues. Further with the custom code and various bits and pieces it isn't a straight forward move.

Anyhow short term I'll setup a sticky 'site issues' thread so when issues crop up hopefully I can respond in a more timely manner.

Back