New and Ego searches not working????????????

Re:

hey guys, regards the search functions, i used to occasionally get this, when i got it yesterday i figured the website fairies would sort it but alas no, i have made people aware.

regards the other comments on the thread, at the end of the day it's John's site and he can do with it whatever he would like, i have no information on what that may be going forward.

what i will say is people move on, the traffic here has been diminished a lot by a couple of facebook pages that popped up a while back, quite often i see the names of people i know post here getting their retro fix there, also i think a lot of people got their retro fix here which then made them get current bikes which meant the site had rekindled their interest in bikes generally and then stepped away from the site. the other side of it is peoples lives changed, although i am a Moderator i can't spend the time here that i used to due to work/life commitments, so now i drop in more often to moderate than i do to post and that's mainly because there are only so may times you can explain how to remove a rusty seized seat post!

i hope the site does continue long term, it's a huge resource of information and most members are spot on with their attitude and advice and knowledge.

:)

I'd happily pay a few quid per year to use this site. Its been a mine of useful information and really helped me out.

Agree that a forum layout is much better than Facebook threads - particularly the selling pages.

Re:

I must admit I was on a car forum for years and we always paid to be 'club members' which helped to run the forum too, so I'd be willing to pay too!!

Shame the search is down as I genuinely need to use it at the mo, been asked to do a little fact finding mission by a friend who's username appears to have been copied, but I can't search for the user in question lmao!!

Next time there is an issue with the site best way to get it resolved asap is to email john@retrobike.co.uk. Should be sorted now.

There is a discussion to be had about the future of the site, for sure. I'd disagree with many of the points made on this thread and elsewhere but am equally aware that getting into a debate on such matters is unlikely to change a subsection of user's opinions.

Two points to make are
-The site is not being wound down.
-Perceived lack of involvement with the site is just that. Everything is going on behind the scenes to ensure the site runs and continues running. The time I have now to put into the site is considerably less than it has been in the past, the way it goes as one grows older and work and family commitments change.

Re:

Working here now for me.

I daren't look to see if photos are just blank boxes though, as they have been of late. :roll:

Mike

Working nicley now, what was the problem John?

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3dzbl4q8 said:
Working here now for me.

I daren't look to see if photos are just blank boxes though, as they have been of late. :roll:

Mike

Nope. Blank boxes again :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back