Finally...I’ll start to re-surface on the forum.

BerthaPog

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Having changed jobs back at the end of April requiring relocation have now finally exchanged contracts and move house on 6th December.

Looking forward to actually living with my partner, cats and bikes again.

Things learnt in this time:
1. Buyer #1 - Putting an incredibly high offer in when your house is not on the market yet is highly unlikely to work out.
2. Buyer #2 - Don’t “stealth” expand your back garden by a few extra feet for your summer house”, especially if that is on to land owned by Highways, to be fair it’s not clear whether the expansion was them or prior owner of the property, but they did build the summer house on it. Caused chain to collapse just before exchanging the first time.
3. The shambles of the Brexit negotiations (regardless of for/against) has had a negative affect on the housing market. I know it’s money I’ve never had, but reduction in sale price still smarts.
4. Always have a bike you can ride with you if staying away from home, even if it is a road bike, and not in the least bit retro.
5. Shiny company cars don’t define you. Really enjoying my sleeper Mondeo (non ST220, 3.0l manual).

Hopefully normal service will be resumed for 2019 and I’ll actually turn up to rides.

BerthaPog":1sbefmqa said:
... Always have a bike you can ride with you if staying away from home, even if it is a road bike, ...
you mean make sure it's a road bike, they are vital. Any other type is just an extra lol

Sounds like a brutal year,hope it's all calm in time for you to enjoy Xmas! Looking forward to catching up with you at Cannock :cool:

Back