Children to be banned from cycling

Re:

Cycling proficiency tests should be mandatory for all learner drivers and even those driving for 50yrs. The future needs more infrastructure to encourage cycling but also education of how to behave safely and responsibly on the road and using dedicated cycle paths. We might as well start now. Sure there will be a big backlash from militant motorists, prolly the same ones who drive agressively towards all other road users. A week cycling on the roads under guidance and a few near misses will do more to curb their behaviour than any media awareness campaign.

Basically this is fallout from the bike life movement that's a happening in town
The youngsters are riding about on SE racing bike reissues all blinged out, wheeling
down roads & hopping about.
Just like it was for us in the 1980s riding PK Rippers. Quadangles ,BMX was massive in the uk , if these kids need numbers plates then Haro or Hutch ones would be
a nice touch

Re:

They only need the plate from the gate to the bike shed. That is all the school has powers for.

They cannot make any laws outside of that.

That and you can cover it up, pit someone else's on and to make it readable it needs to be car sized making it a big hazard on a bike.
What a load of bollocks.

Iirc someone that lives near there says the Cars, SuV, 4x4s come down park, on the zigzags and paths and drives off etc. Regularly breaking the speed limit.
The school is doing nothing about that or giving them laws (giving they don't abide by the real laws anyway).

Just like any school entrance really ;-).

I'm just glad they have kids cycling to the school.

The kids from out local large senior are similar, they are kids on the road riding a bike.
Following set road rules do not apply as they are having fun, showing off and generally not quite getting injured or killed.

Always been like that, children for you.

Perhaps they could wear individually numbered reflective waistcoats?

What ever happened to ROSPA? still got my triangular badge somewhere.

The History Man":suav9p9v said:

What ever happened to ROSPA? still got my triangular badge somewhere.

ROSPA ? never heard of this
I had a tuffty badge ,and the green cross code man who played darth vader visited our school in 1975.. :D

Re:

Let's go the whole hog and have the little darlings wear orange jump suits with a number on for the complete Guantanamo experience, for their own safety of course.

Re:

What are you talking about?

Entirely unrelated picture of some cats.

kitler6.jpg

Back