Today's Ride

That is one sexy beast....

44024633922_a601b2b5db_b.jpg

;)

Total respect to you and Pat - keep doing it fella's!

Re:

That’s looks a seriously exhausting trek for anyone, let alone someone whose had such extensive treatment.

Can’t believe that you’ve managed to recover so quickly to be able to complete hills of this magnitude Pip - especially during one of the hottest summers on record.

As Al says - that’s one sexy beast! Think he was referring to the bike though ;-)

Loving that red metallic Ku too.

Re:

Today-Sunday-85 F. and hazy skies-lots of wildfires in California right now, and you can smell the smoke in the air. I seem to be getting stronger now, the normal short ride was much easier today...

Attachments

• Sideways to the woods.jpg
    Sideways to the woods.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 530
mkone":1kl8csxt said:
Sounds like a good day, have you got any more pictures of the frame? :)

mark

This is pretty far from "retro," but it is hand built by a retro guy, so here are the pix.

Attachments

• P-21d.jpg
    P-21d.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 507
  • P-21c.jpg
    P-21c.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 507
  • P-21b.jpg
    P-21b.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 507
  • P-21a.jpg
    P-21a.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 507
Repack Rider":1cq5w56y said:
mkone":1cq5w56y said:
Sounds like a good day, have you got any more pictures of the frame? :)

mark

This is pretty far from "retro," but it is hand built by a retro guy, so here are the pix.

:cool: a nice frame is a nice frame regardless of the year.

Thank you for posting these, beautiful frame :D

mark

Re:

Today-Monday-Yeah, that is a beautiful fillet brazed and filled frame alright. :) Today I rode a little further than previous rides, still not very strong yet, but I am getting there. Cooler today, about 80 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Church of the Redwoods.jpg
    Church of the Redwoods.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 502
  • Another treehouse.jpg
    Another treehouse.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 502
  • Loma Alta in the distance.jpg
    Loma Alta in the distance.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 502
Re:

Today-Sunday-Haven't ridden in a few days with a sore shoulder, but, I did get news from my Doctors that from the scans and visual inspection I am, for now, Cancer Free... :D It's been a long last 9 months dealing with it, and here's hoping it's gone for good...

Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":fowims6c said:
Today-Sunday-Haven't ridden in a few days with a sore shoulder, but, I did get news from my Doctors that from the scans and visual inspection I am, for now, Cancer Free... :D It's been a long last 9 months dealing with it, and here's hoping it's gone for good...
That is great news Pat - well done for keeping so positive; you are doing brilliantly. My next visit to Oncology is on the 17th Sept. This will be my first post treatment meeting, with results of a C.T. Scan & Carcinoembryonic antigen level blood test...... but hey, let's not steer this thread away from the subject of Today's Ride.

Pip.

Short but fun ride today.

Even though its the school holidays i havent really had much chance to get out on the bikes.

We went down the side of the steam tracks and into Darley Dale. There we decided to head back through Darley Bridge and the back way across fields back into Matlock. Having reached the bridge i noticed my rear was going flat, so we stopped at the river and had a paddle as the sun had just come out :cool:

After a while i decided to take the easy option and ring someone to collect us :LOL:

Great day as always out with my little girl :D

Attachments

• P1011072 (Medium).JPG
    P1011072 (Medium).JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 399
  • P1011084 (Medium).JPG
    P1011084 (Medium).JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 399
  • P1011075 (Medium).JPG
    P1011075 (Medium).JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 399
Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":15j4cchy said:
Excellent. Onwards and upwards!

Back