My dog died today

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Broken hearted, together for over 12 years, we both got through hell and high water, lots of cycling adventures ( cargo bike and Ibex trailer) and now I’m left with a gaping dog shaped hole. Thank Christ I have Rebecca, but my little soldier is to be buried back on the farm where we lived nearest to the farm dog companion as I can find in land that’ll never be ploughed

Oh that's sad, I lost my dog just over a year ago, he was 12 as well. I'm sure you gave him a wonderful life, just try and remember all the good times you had together.

Im sorry for your loss ,i cried for 2 months after having my 18 year old companion put to sleep.

Rainbow Bridge ................................................................

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Re:

Feel for you.Not long ago I had a 12 yo spaniel/terrier cross that had a degenerative spinal problem.Tried a few options but had to put her down.At the vets I held her paw as she got the jab,she looked into my eyes and then went to sleep,I will never forget that.On the drive home I had to pull in and I wept for an age.Since then all I remember is the joy and happiness ol Ches brought to my family.I hope it`ll pass like it did for me and the memories override the loss.

joe careless":dpyornmi said:
Broken hearted, together for over 12 years, we both got through hell and high water, lots of cycling adventures ( cargo bike and Ibex trailer) and now I’m left with a gaping dog shaped hole. Thank Christ I have Rebecca, but my little soldier is to be buried back on the farm where we lived nearest to the farm dog companion as I can find in land that’ll never be ploughed

I'm sorry for your loss. Between the ages of 7 and 21 I had a cat, she was my best friend. I had no friends I was the weird one but my cat never judged always loved, was devastated by her death so I do really know how hard a loving pet death is. I'm now 51 and still miss her, in 1996 I had an animal caricaturist, who's work I spotted in the local library, do a pic of my cat as I thought my cat was such a silly old thing a caricature was the best thing :) I still have it now. You have beautiful memories and they will remain with you forever :)

Alison

Back