Anyone ever experienced any paranormal on Solo / Night Ride?

shogun":20by9nc5 said:
It's always amusing how people who do not believe in this stuff, do not experience this stuff.

A direct quote from an ex workmate of mine...

"I don't believe in ghosts, even though I have seen one!"

:facepalm:

Not on a ride...

But when I was younger, I was in the Scouts. we'd gone to a summer camp and for the first and only time I remember, we didn't camp, but stayed in dorms.

There were two dorms - one for the younger lads and one for the older. One of my mates just missed the cut-off point for the older dorm and he was in the younger dorm.

One night, I couldn't see him anywhere so went into the younger dorm to see if he was there. The door shut behind me and I realised I didn't know where the light switch was. As the dorm plunged into darkness, I heard this low moaning that went through me like the bass from a sub woofer.

I turned around to try and get out and, once I'd found the handle, tried to get out. the handle wouldn't budge and I was stuck in there. At this point, I was convinced that someone was playing a trick on me, so while I didn't particularly like being stuck in the dark, I didn't think it was anything odd.

The handle suddenly released and I got out. There was no one on the other side holding it shut - and I then noticed that my mate was outside. I kept an eye on the dorm and no one else came out.

A day or so later, the guy in charge of the campsite told us all these stories about the campsite and about the multiple ghost stories and sightings they'd had there. I could understand it if I'd heard the stories before hand, but not after.

FWIW - this is the only time I've ever had anything like this happen.

shogun":18a8q5i6 said:
It's always amusing how people who do not believe in this stuff, do not experience this stuff.

Perhaps I’m a closed book, as I’ve never had a spiritual (Religious) experience either....
However I’m between Agnostic and an Athiest

Cycling the other night along a unlit singletrack road I saw a dim light coming towards me - despite having a very bright light I couldn’t make anything out other than the dim light. It was only at the last minute I saw a white figure wearing what looked like a grey surgical gown riding a Victorian style trike.
Normally I can make out a face of a cyclist passing me but there were no features at all just blank white in my bike light.
Afterwards I got a few PB’s on Strava as I finished the route as quickly as possible and I’m still getting goosebumps.
Am I being a gigantic wet lettuce?
Think I’ll stay in tonight...

Kell":14nv1xox said:
Not on a ride...

But when I was younger, I was in the Scouts. we'd gone to a summer camp and for the first and only time I remember, we didn't camp, but stayed in dorms.

There were two dorms - one for the younger lads and one for the older. One of my mates just missed the cut-off point for the older dorm and he was in the younger dorm.

One night, I couldn't see him anywhere so went into the younger dorm to see if he was there. The door shut behind me and I realised I didn't know where the light switch was. As the dorm plunged into darkness, I heard this low moaning that went through me like the bass from a sub woofer.

I turned around to try and get out and, once I'd found the handle, tried to get out. the handle wouldn't budge and I was stuck in there. At this point, I was convinced that someone was playing a trick on me, so while I didn't particularly like being stuck in the dark, I didn't think it was anything odd.

The handle suddenly released and I got out. There was no one on the other side holding it shut - and I then noticed that my mate was outside. I kept an eye on the dorm and no one else came out.

A day or so later, the guy in charge of the campsite told us all these stories about the campsite and about the multiple ghost stories and sightings they'd had there. I could understand it if I'd heard the stories before hand, but not after.

FWIW - this is the only time I've ever had anything like this happen.

By any chance... Fernycrofts in the New forest?

Back