Anyone ever experienced any paranormal on Solo / Night Ride?

fiendish feet

Retro Guru
Just musing.
Has anybody here ever experienced any paranormal / ghostly encounters
While out on night ride solo or in a group...
I have it freaked me right out .. Boo !
May share my story if others come forward with their own story's.
As i now avoid riding late at night in that area....
Please proceed ...... :D

Well sod it
I will share a true story ,this happened 2 years ago while out on a night ride. its ingrained in my mind.
it had just passed mid night and i was riding home from the River Thames in Rainham in Essex ,my routes are mostly off road where possible.
My route takes me through Hornchuch Country park which i've cycled hundreds of times over the years ,
Hornchuch Country park was called RAF sutton's farm in ww1 and called RAF Hornchuch in WW2 it was an important airfield during the Battle of Britain... not much survives today. few pill boxes and tet turrets.

It was dark but my eyes were well adjusted ,the path was tarmac about
4-5 feet wide , i rode past a pill box , and a person was standing at the edge of the path , He took a step back ,almost to let me pass .
even stranger this person gave me eye connect and watched me pass.
it took a second or two comprehend what i had seen .
Even stranger this person who had black holes for eyes was wearing
full RAF uniform with great coat , pencil mustache ,cap
That was it i was off like the wind , i had a mile or so to get back to safety of local streets, i had seen an apparition which wasn,t in a time loop it was aware of me..
[url=https://flic.kr/p/KBWYgc][img]...r.com/1810/28630143697_178356fcb4_b.jpg[/img]raf sutton's farm by Wholly Spokes, on Flickr[/url]
This is the uniform the guy in the middle ,that the ghost was wearing.
Im not shocked that easy but this freaked me out..
I will leave my story there as it didnt finish their ,he followed me home..
I since found out since meeting my father last year, i'm related to sir Arthur Harris AKA Bomber Harris
Marshal of the Royal Air Force.... true story folks

Re:

Mine is not as detailed as yours but still scared the hell out of me. I was riding home late one night from Belton to Gorleston. not a ride I had done before but on a route very familiar to me, as my lights were pretty Toc H I rode down some country roads, rather than use the busy main roads. I was riding along a dark lane (Mill Lane), I was going at a fair pace and I got to a part between a house and a barn when I was suddenly aware of a presence on my right in the middle of the road. I hit the the brakes and turned to apologise to the 'person' and to my astonishment there was nobody there. Suffice to say the rest of my journey was carried out at a much greater pace than before.....

On a lighter note, I have always been a bad sleeper so I used to go riding at night quite often, one night I was out on my dads trade bike, on the A12/A47 between Hopton and Lowestoft an unlit dual carriage way, I came to a slight rise in the road and I could see what looked to me like something from 'Close Encounters' over the rise Orange, Red, Yellow, White flashing lights, but silence, it was with some trepidation I rode over the crest........ To my great relief there was a van with a light bar on top broken down by the road, as I passed the occupants looked up from under the hood and asked if I could give them a tow. I replied sure throw me a rope, we both laughed and I continued my ride.

Thanks for sharing Kermit.
Around the year 99-2000 i was researching the crop circles in Wiltshire i would go out field/sky watching.
This particular night i had parked up at Silbury Hill and me and my dog Jasper a Staffy - pit-bull cross, walked up to West Kennet long Barrow. A 2000+ year old chambered tomb. Been there many times slept on top of it and slept within it ,never a problem..
[url=https://flic.kr/p/28dmVGb][img...kr.com/933/42803070734_2d399642e6_z.jpg[/img]west kennet long barrow by Wholly Spokes, on Flickr[/url]
I decided around 2.30 am to head back to my vehicle . across farm land..
my dog started acting weird. he kept
stopping and was quite aggravated
staring behind us into the darkness. no one was there but us.
As i got down on the A4 road , my heart started racing had the feeling that someone was charging at me from behind, i turned around quick with my torch ,
Nothing there except swilling mist . i had a camper van in the carpark ,when i got into bed & got settled ,i felt like two hands had come though the side of the van
and were holding my head , very bizarre and very soothing ,i slept like a baby..
Strange old world ... :)

when I was about 17. I was cycling to work when I witnessed a light in the sky which randomly moved around the sky, there was no noise, just silence.
to this day i still ponder on this experience. never had an explaination for this.
but it was definitely a ufo.
jeff.

Hey, West Kennet's older than that, more like 5500 years! :cool:

I was riding through some bit of the New Forest, down a track between several Bronze Age burial mounds. I thought to myself that some people would find it pretty spooky, but for me it's just familiar. At that moment I startled a Roe Deer hidden in the bracken near me and nearly jumped out of my skin!!!

videojetman":2tx9pp1d said:
when I was about 17. I was cycling to work when I witnessed a light in the sky which randomly moved around the sky, there was no noise, just silence.
to this day i still ponder on this experience. never had an explaination for this.
but it was definitely a ufo.
jeff.
Hi Jeff Thanks for sharing..
Was it like a Plasma ball like a foo-fighter..
This next image were taken from my front room window.
this ball of light sat stationary in the sky, it was appearing and disappearing / I'm on the main Flight path in east london. it sat there for 10 minutes and drifted off to Central London midday . I have video footage and more photos with Commercial planes passing it.
The enlargement was by Beams Investigation
[url=https://flic.kr/p/26yrC59][img...kr.com/834/41717603400_614e2454e1_b.jpg[/img]18-1-2017RomfordSphereOrig by Wholly Spokes, on Flickr[/url]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/26yrHrw][img...ickr.com/935/41717621460_83dde20e3f.jpg[/img]18-1-2017RomfordSphereorbblowup by Wholly Spokes, on Flickr[/url]

hamster":1nqs654n said:
Hey, West Kennet's older than that, more like 5500 years! :cool:

I was riding through some bit of the New Forest, down a track between several Bronze Age burial mounds. I thought to myself that some people would find it pretty spooky, but for me it's just familiar. At that moment I startled a Roe Deer hidden in the bracken near me and nearly jumped out of my skin!!!
Thanks for sharing Hamster
I love a good barrow, Henge, Hill fort , Fascinating History we have here
The old Megalithic sites are generally very peaceful and in some wonderful locations

Back