Can anyone do sheet metal work?

Re:

Wasn't being critical, I qualify for my pension next week so have your aches and pains and then some, the accumulation of rugby injuries. :facepalm:
I don't care what the fashion police say, comfort comes first, otherwise I won't ride any of my bikes. Why be in pain just to please others? It's your bike not theirs.
e14482.gif

Re:

He knows me well enough to know I’m only being silly. I woukd get some rivnuts and have an under slung second bottle

Re:

Can you use rivnuts in steel?

In any case, half a litre of water should be fine for the not so barren wilderness of South East England. Given sufficient pubs stops I often have well over half of a 750ml bottle of warm plastic flavoured water left. :D

You can use rivets in anything. , Carbon, Aluminium, Steel, Skin etc

My salsa had no bottle cage mounts. A weird right angle drill tiny and a couple of rivnuts later......

Re:

I remember that. Did you buy a special tool, or use a DIY set up with a bolt and some washers?

If I find the current set up still a bit awkward I may get hold of a side entry bottle cage too.

Bolt and nut. Screw both in with nut up to head of bolt. Hold bolt head still. Slowly undo nut. A well greased washer or two against rivnut helps. Simple. You just have to feel for it locking off.

Re:

Looking back at the original item I was planning to copy, it looks like they've used Rivnuts, so if I ever go back to that idea, I'll bear it in mind.

00FF7EF5-5B2F-4E2B-A7D203E9D530637D-zoom.jpg

Latest posts

Back