2018 TdF chit-chat

Re:

To be fair Cav's times were long gone two seasons ago, be nice if he got a stage this year but I doubt it very much - I've no time for this beating EMs record nonsense, the stage wins aren't comparable.

Been a fan of Sagans for a long time. First saw him (in France) win the Cherbourg stage of the 2016 Tour. Sunday will be an very interesting day, nearly 22 kms of cobbles over 15 sections, it'll shake (no pun etc) thing up a lot.

Didn't get over this year, but will be back in France for the TdeF in 2019, might even move there permanently !

Rk.

Re:

Great stage today - racing at the front and racing at the back after crashes and punctures.

Re:

.......+1 for that Woz

What a great stage, especially when compared to the previous couple of days!, cycling truly is an endurance sport after all :D .

Classy win for Degenkolb too, great way to get back to winning ways and you could see how much it meant to him.

Now for the mountains!!.

Re:

shows that you don't need only mountains to make grand tours exciting.

Loved Dan Martin's enthusiasm for the stage in his post race interview.
Quintana showed he can ride a bit too - nothing showy, but never in doubt

Re:

Yeah. I kind of can't believe Sagan let them three top riders slip away as he was always well
positioned.

Shame about Ritchie Port. Even
Froome had a spill too.

Ages since I saw so many crashes, including the Bianchi that became two uni-cycles. Think somebodies handle bars or stem snapped too causing a crash.

Credit to Bardet for hanging in after three punctures!

With "road" racing like that MTB XC/Enduro looks kind of tame.

Into the Alps tomorrow.

Re:

Today's stage will be very interesting. A mountain stage - three major climbs, one harder than Alpe d'Huez - so early in the race and one of them on an unmetalled road, there'll be surprises.

Rk.

Re: Re:

pigman":3eakaqz8 said:
womens' race was superbe - what a finish!
+1 to that. I wasn't paying full attention to the highlights and need to watch it again to see how van Vleuten actually won -cos when I glanced at it in the final run in there seemed to be no chance.

Re:

I just have stopped to look the TdF. It's becoming a fake with no interest

Latest posts

Back