Giro d'Italia Attack of the Frome

FWIW, in 2016 there were 230000 tests done (across all sports) of which about 3000 returned an AAF, 44% turned into doping rule violations (ADRV) so about 1300. This is in addition to the ~1600 who went direct to ADRV.
So ~1700 people had to go through the process that Froome is going through now. Seventeen hundred. In 12 months.

1. Athletics (205)
2. Bodybuilding (183)
3. Cycling (165)
4. Weightlifting (116)
5. Football (79)

Top 5 sports.
165 cyclists. In 12 months.

Sounds like a bit of double standards to me. Most of those will be Elite or Pro. No one is jumping up and down about this are they?

(Oh, UK doesn't even feature in the top ten of nations)

I've only had a skim through the report, but if anyone else wants to read through it's on the WADA website.

You can't have it both ways.

You either support the rules, or you don't.

Rules is roolz. The rulz sez Froome was allowed to race coz his case is not finally decided yet, so he did, and he won. Yeh Froome.

Re:

For me Sky lost all credibility when they claimed to have more or less no record keeping of rider’s medications by team doctors when audited and the medic room at their HQ was assessed as being disorganised. This is simply not believable of an organisation priding itself of tightly controlled processes and high quality analysis. It stinks.

If Froome is such an amazing talent, and he may well be, then it seems to me Team Sky is a millstone around Froome’s neck. They may have given Froome his big break, but now they are dragging what could’ve been Froome’s glorious legacy into their quagmire.

Re: Re:

RadNomad":jwt5h6my said:
For me Sky lost all credibility when they claimed to have more or less no record keeping of rider’s medications by team doctors when audited and the medic room at their HQ was assessed as being disorganised. This is simply not believable of an organisation priding itself of tightly controlled processes and high quality analysis. It stinks.

If Froome is such an amazing talent, and he may well be, then it seems to me Team Sky is a millstone around Froome’s neck. They may have given Froome his big break, but now they are dragging what could’ve been Froome’s glorious legacy into their quagmire.

Well said Nomad

Re: Re:

RadNomad":gt7yf5re said:

I alluded to this in a previous post...amazing talent ? Look at Froome's Palmares. I remember when he was disqualified from the 2010 Giro for hitching a ride from a police motorcycle.

Jon.

So now G has won the Dauphine is that win also tainted by his relation to the Sky team? :roll:

It seems a bit mad to me that only 6 years ago Britain, as a cycling nation, had had next to no success in professional road racing. Now we have had a truck-load of success, and it looks like a lot more to come with younger riders coming through (not all from Sky), and yet people will try and find any excuse to whinge, moan, do them down etc, etc. If and when anyone is found guilty after their right of appeal of doping, or enabling doping, and is duly punished by the relevant body then you can say they did wrong. Until then why not just take your hat off to the individual riders, the team behind them, and Brailsford and Keen who set the whole ball rolling. You don't have to like them, but they do at least deserve a bit of respect for their accomplishments.

kingbling":cyk1umog said:
I guess even aresholes have opinions but we don't have to read them :p

Sadly there are many aresholes (sic) on this forum, it is a great shame because the majority of cyclists I know and have known throughout the years are decent people with a bond and a cameraderie that is cycling.

They are Cyclists.

Rk.

Back