Giro d'Italia Attack of the Frome

kingbling

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Well I haven't see an attack like that for the leaders jersey in a grand tour EVER. He has his critics and there may be a cloud over him with the subutamol thing but today was a historic ride absolutely awesome !!!!!!!!!

I've never been a fan of his either Clive, quite the opposite in fact (he's way too "ugly" and awkward on a bike, and most of what he has won has been done more by the use of a calculator than by "proper" racing), but must admit that today's was a brilliant ride. Similar to Contador at Fuente de a few years back...

I'm not a fan yet, but not as anti-froome as I was yesterday

I wonder how many chuffs of his inhaler he took during breakfast? :twisted: :facepalm: :roll:

I think Froome gets a lot of stick for just being efficient. What Brailsford said yesterday hit the nail on the head. Normally they are in the position of not needing to gain too much time, just not wanting to lose time, so Sky and Froome ride defensively. Yesterday they didn't have that option. It was shit or bust, so the team smashed the race to pieces and Froome finished them off! It was an awesome display. Let's see if he can hold onto it today. Of course Sky will ride super defensively so if Froome pulls it off everyone will be moaning again for them being efficient! :LOL:

Re:

He ruined my day today. Couldn't tear myself away from the telly all afternoon so go to catch up on work this afternoon.

Bloody brilliant stuff.

Re:

People moan about "boring" Sky controlling everything and then moan when Froome attacks and puts on an awesome show for the fans (and about how he looks on the bike of all things :facepalm:)

I mean, where is it written that you need to look a certain way and ride a certain way. Cycling has always been a diverse sport where regardless of a riders size or the way they look on the bike there's an event/stage for everyone to excel on. I don't think he looks bad on the bike at all, certainly looked good yesterday.

Real shame for Yates as he was the one that really brought this race alive, he'll have his day though. Plus 13 days in pink and three stage wins is still a pretty good Giro!

Can't wait to see how things play out today!

Re:

I wouldn’t get too upset about folk moaning about CF.

Serial winners always get people’s backs up in sport, just the way it is.

He’s making history right now that’s for sure. Remarkable achievement if he avoids accidents tomorrow and finishes it off.

Defo top 10 British sportsmen of the last 50 years if he nails this

Joe Root and his mates need a blast on Froomies inhaler, that’s my assessment!

Re: Re:

xxnick1975":3q9wposv said:
And he did it. Well done CF. Now just the UCI to beat!

Plus those that comment on Road CC.

I REALLY should not read the comments, but every time I am drawn to them and every time I end up wishing I hadn't looked.

That break on stage 19 was just masterful. Every time people think they have seen all there is to see with Froome, he does something different and unexpected, remember that downhill position on the TdF, just imagine what he would get up to if he was not reigned in by Dave B and others at Team Sky.... no criticism of the team, but it would be fun to see Froome doing whatever he pleases.

Re:

Straight off, I hope we can have a debate and conversation about this without it descending into a fuck-fest.

I won't deny just how spectacular that attack was. And more broadly speaking, the slow and steady recovery from a ridiculous start, to that explosive stage. And more broadly than that, actually planning and training in a way after the Vuelta to then hold all three at once. And more broadly than that, having the potential to come off the back of this and have a genuine shot of winning the tour again.

But I can't ignore just how shabby and shady Sky and the UCI have been about the jiffy bag package inhaler nonsense. Froome's words become hollow and his (and his teams) efforts tainted.

For me, I really despise how Sky's BS messaging of being transparent and clear has been anything but when it really comes the details; they just don't have them. So be freakin' honest about it and understand why it's a problem.

Add in the UCIs terrible track-record and dawdling and I find myself shrugging my shoulders about Froome's win. It's just another Contador. It's another <insert A N OTHER cyclist> And I think that's a really sorry state of affairs.

Back