Tool Time!

xerxes

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Some of my tools, the allen/hex keys in particular were looking a bit worn, so I'd thought I treat myself to some shiny new ones:

Tools01.jpg

Some nice new hex keys, some proper JIS screwdrivers and a teeny, tiny ratchet set to keep in my bicycle tool box.

Re:

Yes the Wera stuff is very nicely made. The hex keys I have, have a slight concave in each face, they call it "Hex Plus", which is supposed to allow more torque without rounding out the socket on hex bolts.

I haven't really tested it, but I have had hex bolts "round out" in the past, especially with the smaller sized bolts where they have corroded and perhaps seized a bit, or perhaps where the bolts are poor quality. It will be interesting to see if they are less prone to that.

Re:

I do a little bit of gun smith work and another smith recommended them to me because they do not round off very small allen bolts. He also told me that even with damaged bolts, if you can get the key in there you have a very good chance of getting the bolt out.

Mine are now in my garage as No.1 son pinched my allen ket set, I must get another set of Wera keys for indoors.

Re:

Thanks for the inspiration, amazon had the hex keys at a decent price so ordered myself hex and torx sets. Must say I'm impressed so far

Back