Unable to post pics.

jm

Senior Retro Guru
Ever since I got this new "better"phone I can't post pics direct. It says unable to as insufficient memory or similar words . I've tried chucking it at walls but no joy. I've resised them the same as on my old phone.Is this my phones issue, it has loads of storage left, or am I missing something.

Re:

It's difficult to give an easy solution to your problem, based on that description alone. However, if the phone is 'better' the problem is probably arising from the better quality photos the camera takes, although it's difficult to be sure without knowing the exact error message you're getting and what's giving the message.

If the phone itself is saying that it doesn't have enough memory that means that it hasn't got enough RAM to run the upload process. That seems unlikely but, if that is the case, you would need to close some running processes to free up RAM. Googling how to close processes on your phone's operating system, probably Android or iOS, will give you the solution.

If the website is reporting that the file sizes of the photos from your new phone are too large, even when you've resized them, then you could try resizing them further to a smaller size (in terms of pixels) or you could increase the compression on the photos, which would be a better solution. Photo formats like jpeg use compression already to reduce the file sizes but the compression can be increased. On Android, an app like Image Compress (Ultra Compressor) can do that for you.

I hope that helps.

Back