Successful bike swaps

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm currently searching for a modern road bike ( or retro) as I need to get the miles in in order to go for the UK cargo bike Hour record!
And simply put I have little cash but a starship of good and interesting retro and vintage bikes in which I have bikes I'm happy to part with.

So anyone done this here before? The swaps not the Cargo Hour :roll:

Re:

Yes. I traded a lovely pace rc200 f2 for a modern Cannondale di2 shod road bike. It's all about whether you have what someone wants and vice versa.

Other attempts at trades haven't been answered, or if they have it's been sell a bike and use the cash to buy what you need.

Re:

Hi

I'm currently building a bike up, but unsure if i'll keep it or sell it, (prefer my mountain bikes) it's a Boardman CX team size 55cm, currently going down the route of a flat bar with Hydro discs Mavic wheels and 2x9 shifters, soon to have a new Sram Apex chainset and new seatpin. It's a bit of a 'bitsa' but looks nice, though the paint has been damaged around the seatcollar but it's a silver frame.

Don't know if this is of any interest? I would be valuing it at £275-300 when finished, or it could go 'as is' in project state for less depending what bits you may want with it

Cheers

Re: Re:

cipolinni":zxfuvg4z said:
What you got in mind Joe
I have modern bikes I may be tempted.

I have two bikes that serve two different budgets

A late forties Claud Butler, age perfect complete Resilion brakes, cyclo mechs, Williams cchainset and Sturmey Archer gears and hubs. I'm the second owner, previous owner had it from his 20's and built a incredible machine and apart from new tyres/tubes and couple of services not changed a thing. Circa £330

The Schwinn Excelsior Clunker Hybrid

I've meant to add: I'm nigh on 6'2"
& 13stone of muscle so need a biggish bike

Re:

I have this kicking around, its a little bit big for me

Lots of very nice parts but slightly wonky rear rim and mismatched chainset

Maybe too retro for what you want?

file.php

Plus this too, wearing 9spd with Dura-Ace 9spd barend shifters

file.php

Re: Re:

legrandefromage":3fzatlu6 said:
I have this kicking around, its a little bit big for me

Lots of very nice parts but slightly wonky rear rim and mismatched chainset

Maybe too retro for what you want?

file.php

Plus this too, wearing 9spd with Dura-Ace 9spd barend shifters

file.php

Cheers LGF but having looked through my parts boxes and the space I have in the shed I think I have to hang fire for a bit

Back