Taking bikes to center parcs and theft

mattr":24royosz said:
Try putting them front/back/front/back/front. And see if you can slide them as well.
My record is 5 on a Bora, had room for 6, but only 5 racks :(

(Another 9 bikes in pieces in the boot/back seat, but that's another story!)

Moonlighting as SSC on the Tour?

MatBH5":2qebc2bg said:
mattr":2qebc2bg said:
Try putting them front/back/front/back/front. And see if you can slide them as well.

Tip raid?

The History Man":jqddd12x said:
MatBH5":jqddd12x said:
mattr":jqddd12x said:

Tip raid?

Raid on Centreparcs bike storage ;)

Re:

You can get one in the middle no problem

The left one (NDS), if I can see properly, needs its bike clamping system moving to the other side. It'll make you life much easier.

Re:

Also if you've not used above the car racks before.

Take measurement of you full height.

If you go into car parks, if they have *no* height barrier on the entry, it *doesn't* mean there isn't a barrier on the way out.

MatBH5":1r8du1d2 said:
The History Man":1r8du1d2 said:
MatBH5":1r8du1d2 said:
Tip raid?
Raid on Centreparcs bike storage ;)
:D

Nope, rush job transporting almost an entire teams worth of bikes/frames/parts from a warehouse in the southeast to an HQ in the Northeast......... then had to build/rebuild them all to "team spec" before their first race.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":5gn940l3 said:
You can get one in the middle no problem

The left one (NDS), if I can see properly, needs its bike clamping system moving to the other side. It'll make you life much easier.
I did think about swapping the lock bit over, but it started snowing so left that job for another day, just wanted to test them out.

I could get one in the middle, but reckon I'll put the adult bikes on the roof and the 2 kids one out back. One may be too small but I'll find out on Saturday I guess.

Re:

So today I tried the saris on the back. Fits fine, that's no problem but I'm not convinced the two kids bikes fit/are secure enough.

I failed to take pics sadly but the smallest bike (16 inch wheels) only just squeezed on when the bars were as close together as I could go. The second bike (20 inch wheels) just didn't feel right to me.

Anyone got advice or pics of how they secured their bikes on one?

I've watched the saris video and it only uses adult bikes so not much help.

Back