Today's Ride

Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":20n8k26g said:
Doesn't look like those tracks get used very often... :)

Hi Pat, hope your well :)

The tracks end at the gate, the other side. It is still used as a yard for the steam train carriages that take tourists up and down the valley :)

Mark

Re:

Today-Sunday-It's been really like Spring around here recently, but colder today, around 50 F. I went out on the climb up to Tamarancho with a friend, and it felt great to get out! I'm still going through health issues, but hopefully it will all be sorted out by Summertime. Until then I probably won't be riding much, but will get out when I'm feeling up to it. Keep up the ride posts guys, it's good to see you enjoying yourselves... :)

Attachments

• At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 747
Great to see you up and about Pat - I (pretty sure we) miss your updates. Is that a new bike I spy?

It's way too muddy around my neck of the woods at the moment but, weather holding, I'll be off to Bedgebury this Saturday for a few laps since the trails there are robust and hard-packed.

Haven't been riding much since I fell off my bike last spring. Still having issues with my neck after that spill. Looks like I'm not the only one here having health problems though. Hope everyone gets better sooner than later.

Anyway, decided it's about time to start cracking (and hopefully not my head again) before the spring arrives. Still dead winter here and... yes, there's solid ice below the snow on that foot path.

Attachments

• DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 686
Re:

Today-Sunday-Out on a glorious Winter day, about 52 F. We rode up to Tamarancho again today, a nice 900' climb. Al-that was my friend's bike in the previous post. 26er-Get better soon! I'm glad I don't have to deal with snow and ice around here... :)

Attachments

• At the top again.jpg
    At the top again.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 647
That looks far too nice Pat. Have some UK "sun" from this weekend ;)

It was really nice - unusually so based on the past month or so. It's back to wall to wall grey drizzle now.

Bedgebury was very rideable and whilst it was super-busy around the cafe, the trails were quiet in comparison.

jJhRry.jpg

Come on spring, hurry up and dry out the gloop. It's why I had to travel south from the suburbs to find some trails that put a smile on my face :D

Thanks, Pat! Hope you'll get better too b4 the summer comes... however, today the summer felt very distant riding on frozen lakes for almost three hours. Gotta get in shape since Woz is back in town. So he doesn't drop me on the cols next time we ride.

The best part was watching skaters' faces when I passed them on my bike.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 613
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 613
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 613
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 613
26er":11ig0k7u said:
Thanks, Pat! Hope you'll get better too b4 the summer comes... however, today the summer felt very distant riding on frozen lakes for almost three hours. Gotta get in shape since Woz is back in town. So he doesn't drop me on the cols next time we ride.

The best part was watching skaters' faces when I passed them on my bike.

:cool: looks an amazing place

Back