New Wheeler Dealers

Ant is as good as Ed. He was excellent in the Love of cars. They are just different people. Both great at what they do.

I'm torn because I like the show, I watched it from series 1 as I had 6 months before it started fixed up a MK1 CRX 16v in a similar fashion (doing what i could at home, like brakes, suspension and bolting on new wings, front panel and lights, repairing the leaking sunroof tray and then sending it off for paint) and having forged my own path to restore a modern classic on a budget thought that a show like this would have helped a lot.
I also understood the angle and the calculations which went over the head of some. I went to bat numerous times for them on social media defending the formula, when some just didn't get it. When velocity came in and started to dumb down the show I could see it going downhill and then Edd left. I thought it was the end.
Edd is a local guy (I used to often see his sofa and bed creations driving around), always has been, my sister in law was at school with him and he used to work in Sainburys where my wife worked, he stopped in before and was happy to chat to my wife and her friend about the show going stateside and she said he was a nice guy.
I always viewed Brewer as a necessary evil, a ying yang thing with Edd and he does add something to the show and defended him to a certain extent.
Then he did this, which was out of order especially as Edd publically asked people to lay off of him.
The most annoying thing is that the backlash has turned the show around, no I didn't like what they did with the cossie but Ant knows what the show needs and I think so do velocity now. The formula is back and all 3 shows have been good.
So I'll probably continue to watch it but I won't be defending it any more, I won't be like the rabid people of Topgear threads though, i'll be more meh about it all.
Hope Edd does get a show soon before he get forgotten about and I hope he hasn't been blackballed over it, especially as he's been proven correct now.

Carl.

After watching the clip with mike criticising ed. It sounds like mike is bitter, I haven’t seen anything about ed being bitter. But at the end of the day it’s just a tv programme about fixing cars, and I always loved eds very informative explanations on fixing problems. I’m sure ed will do fine without wheeler dealers.
But my opinion of mike has gone down now after his rant about ed.

Didn't Fuzz Townsend record "hello darling" some years back.....I remember the sample from my youth.

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":1sykxums said:
New series of Car S.O.S started last night,anyone see it?Best and most comprehensive restoration so far and the most deserving owner also.

its been running for many weeks. If your talking about the 7 rebuild? I thought they should have kept the original colours. Then he would have recognised it right away. I think they have all been equally deserving .

tintin40":aklkb0av said:
66 triumph daytona":aklkb0av said:
New series of Car S.O.S started last night,anyone see it?Best and most comprehensive restoration so far and the most deserving owner also.

its been running for many weeks. If your talking about the 7 rebuild? I thought they should have kept the original colours. Then he would have recognised it right away. I think they have all been equally deserving .

The recipients always seem deserving. The Seven looked great I thought, much better than the original. It was a strange episode as the guy holiday's at the same place as me (recognised a background photo) and the chairman of the Seven owners club is the ex-Chairman of the BLMRA who I know.

Carl.

tintin40":2fsik57k said:
66 triumph daytona":2fsik57k said:

No,its the new series.More 4 are a series behind Nat Geo channel.More 4 are currently on series 5,Nat Geo have just started the brand new series 6.Last night it was a mid 50s MGA.Unbelievable amount of work went into it.

Back