better than electric cars?

until you can recharge in a few min's then i see no long term for electric cars. Except for a few who travel short distances. James May's programme Peoples cars showed that these cars have not progressed since the 1800's with distance and recharging time. Their are better options.

Tesla superchargers give you around 200 miles in an hour's charge time with their satnav software plotting journies according to supercharger locations

as what to do with the batteries when used up? As for the surge in the increase of the power stations to charge all these cars. Just as damaging to the globe as the oil industry.

tintin40":2qzf21sn said:
as what to do with the batteries when used up? As for the surge in the increase of the power stations to charge all these cars. Just as damaging to the globe as the oil industry.
It's centralised and more economic. Get the noise and fumes out of the cities.

Batteries are a problem, they can recycle parts and they are improving tech to make it better with fast charge and recyclable. Just as that did over the past 100 years odd with petrols.

They aren't just leaving it at what we have, let alone figuring out how the people who park thier cars over the pavement and cycle path will charge the things. It's easy on a driveway.

I never get peoples love of clinging on to petrol engines.

Time to move on and get that carbon, fully suspended, disc braked e-car.

FluffyChicken":z4bnvzm8 said:
tintin40":z4bnvzm8 said:
It's centralised and more economic. Get the noise and fumes out of the cities.

Batteries are a problem, they can recycle parts and they are improving tech to make it better with fast charge and recyclable. Just as that did over the past 100 years odd with petrols.

They aren't just leaving it at what we have, let alone figuring out how the people who park thier cars over the pavement and cycle path will charge the things. It's easy on a driveway.

I never get peoples love of clinging on to petrol engines.

Time to move on and get that carbon, fully suspended, disc braked e-car.

Agree. R&D will find a better battery solution or we will harness a better source of power. I will miss the whole visceral feel and sound of a performance car though. I wonder what will happen all these £££s supercars and classics in 5/10yrs. People will loose a fortune on them imo. E cars are a lot faster and will make combustion engines as redundant as the horse and cart soon enough. They defo need to programe them make a noise as they approach though. Nobody likes being sneaked up on by a Prius.

I think it will be a long time until we see the back of petrol driven cars. They stopped making and racing 2-stroke engines due to noise and emmisions, now after the new dust has settled, companies are starting to produce 2-stroke engines again, only they can charge more as they are now not a mass produced item.

As for new power sources and eco-friendliness, well, considering the history of what has already been invented and swept under the table, and the money/power driven world we have created, i dont think that is the main priority of any company at the moment.

Re:

Replace large central power stations with more localised hydrogen fuel cell ones, fueled by hydrogen split from water using electricity generated from solar and wind thus making renewable useful rather that the waste of time, money and effort that it is at the moment.

Back