Compulsory helmets and hi-viz

mdvineng":2sm0688o said:
I'm also sick of pedestrians walking into the road staring at their moby, usually dressed in all black or dark hard to see clothing and this is whilst I'm driving into work in the car with big headlights on. So Hi Viz for all then and we still won't see each other! as I need convincing that people actually bother to look.

Agree. I can see this getting worse when the world goes electric car etc as you will never hear them coming. Happened twice to me while riding home. Frightened the life out of me as so sudden.

Re:

I'll start riding to where I will ride offroad if it happens, even if it's just a few miles.

I hope the days of electric cars comes quicker, especially the deflection driving ones. Humans are terrible drivers.

I like the way it may be forced on cyclist for what is generally a driver's fault.

Still multiuser 'paths' need the pedestrians and dogs to be lit up and we need the scotch armbands back.
Cyclist groups should start that movement while things are being talked about.

expanding helmet interesting idea?

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 388
  • expanding.jpeg
    expanding.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 388
Re:

An "interesting idea" if you wish to legally compel cyclists to break their own necks. I would prefer to stick with the old noose and jump, thanks all the same... :)

If there is a visibility issue, why not bite the bullet and make vehicle windows, roofs, and especially windscreens- illegal? Remember the 'driver' of a stagecoach? That is 'high-visibility'!

Back