Chain Reaction dropping lots of product ranges?

jonnyboy666":1uxdklj1 said:
tintin41":1uxdklj1 said:
i couldn't believe that it was allowed for wiggle to buy out crc. Far to commanding market position.

wiggle wanted access to the chain of original equipment supply that CRC had which was a big reason as to why they bought CRC, also they bought them to eventually put their main competition out of business, i have already had reports of orders from CRC turning up in wiggle boxes etc.

FYI, wiggle are in the process of buying a big german online website to effectively do the same thing.

the suggestion is that if they buy up all of their competition then they will effectively have no competition at which point mail order prices may actually rise, which could be good or bad for the bike trade as a whole.

that is bad news for every one from consumers to other busienss. Will try to shop from others from now on.

Re:

Most probably Rose. I used to buy a lot from them before brexit destroyed the price advantage.

Re:

The actual take over was like over a years ago or there about and the warehouse moved/merge has been ongoing for nearly 6 months...

It’s a significant difference. Less product lines. Deals aren’t as great.

Makes sense from a business standpoint. Not good as a consumer.

Hmm...WiggleCRC...£283m turnover and only £7m profit...no wonder they're putting prices up on good sellers and clearing out the dead wood from their inventory.

They'll put LBS out of business, kill the online competition and then raise margins again to cover the interest payments on the loans.
International capitalists corporations like the rest of them.

All the best,

Back