Compulsory helmets and hi-viz

I'm doing a lot of night time driving in Cambridge at the mo. Fluorescent doesnt work at night - wrong wavelengths from street lights and car lights.

I've only seen one of those reflective jackets that reflect everything back. Loads of cyclists using feeble lights if at all.

My 63 plate Fiesta just doesnt light up cyclists or pedestrians, wrong spread pattern.

The street lighting around Parkside and Parkers Piece in Cambridge is woeful, it just doesnt light up pedestrians or cyclists.

Crossings are even worse.

Re:

As long as dogs and pedestrian have to wear them and lights on multitude paths (combined cycle paths ore ones where they can sod we only to).
I'm all for it.

Just yesterday 3 people and a dog a separate times almost had it.

Can't see them until close and they never seem to move even if you are going straight at them with lights on.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":3vt6jqj8 said:
Anything in the first article as I'm not paying to read it.

just saying that plans are being made and then mentions Aus state that makes helmets compulsory then i stopped reading as not paying to read the Times.
Mentions that deaths are up for cycling but then it will be if more are riding?

I've an issue with bike lights at the mo.

The shiddy ones that barely glow. I've a 60 mile commute every day, and I can honestly say I'd rather be blinded by some ridiculous chinese cree lights than hit a cyclist that is barely visible, albeit legal.

Crap lights should not be sold. End.

Re:

In Aus compulsory helmets reduced cycling. Its a simple way to avoid dealing with the main issue which is countering aggressive impatient dangerous drivers. Im pro helmet choice and pro bike lane segregation and against compulsory high viz clothing. I always ride legally on the road. It will be a new tax and ID plates next.

Re:

Considering the police dont even have sufficient resources to properly crack down on drivers speeding on the motorway, or using phones, id like to see this being practically enforced if it is true

G

Back