Well, I've had enough of this member!

Yes, but still - the guy had nothing to do with it to begin with - it was my mistake. Basically just owes me a favour, so to speak, as we've never come to the point of me paying for the return postage (not that it's the reason for the delay anyway), which is why I'm not treating it as bad dealing as such, just can't accept that kind of behaviour. (The syndrom of defending the attacker, as they say on criminal TV shows :))

There can be a number of scenarios really:
- he's simply way too busy and even hasn't been to a post office for his own reasons in the past year
- he initially had intentions of sorting it out but lost/sold/used it up
- he's had a plan to take advantage of it from the beginning
Our of which I still think it's the first one, maybe the second one but definitely not the third one.

It's not the first time I'm waiting for some parts or money (not on this forum but in general), while actually not being ripped off, so I know that I will eventually get it. If I don't let it go myself, that is. Of course, it helps a great deal when the other person needs something - then it instantly gets sorted out :roll:.

Re:

Really, there's just no excuse for the behaviour or actions of the couple of dubious members discussed through this thread. Most people are short of time and have a lot going on their lives, but hanging on to others' items or money for over a year when they should have passed on or returned them is totally out of order. If they didn't want to facilitate a transaction they should been upfront and said or compensated the members involved. They've been disingenuous and dishonest – karma is due.

Just leave feedback of exactly what happened on the persons feedback thread.

Three years down the line and I've re-read my responses. Jeez, I've lost a lot of tolerance in the last 3 years.

Assuming the user is still on here, name and shame to avoid the rest of us dealing with them.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Just found this really weird fd in my shed. Doesn’t fit anything...........

Nice stamps on it though. Exotic.

It's now 36 months on top of the original 14, therefore 50 months in total since this occurence :shock:

To recap, the item in question is a nice 34.9 mm bottom pull M900 XTR, therefore something with a bit of value (back then and now as well).

I didn't just accidentally/randomly posted this FD to the said person. Oh no. I'd sold parts to him on multiple occassions and on this very occasion I sold him a full M900 build kit. However, at the very same time I sold another two M900 build kits to a guy in Holland. Therefore, I was packing and posting three (yes, three) M900 build kits the same day. The aforementioned FD found it's way to the wrong box. Mistakes do happen.

The rest of the story has already been elaborated.

The person in question is Darren Royle aka SpecializedSworks15:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=40733

He's pretty much still frequently on here.

There you go.

Just rubbernecking.....

Back