Well, I've had enough of this member!

14 months? Should've named and shamed and pissed on their feedback thread a long time ago. Personal circumstances and life getting in the way is one thing but 14 months later is stretching it a bit.

You might not be concerned about being out of pocket but it sounds like you're still pissed about it. You have the person's address and you could get up to all sorts of mischief with that info, not that I'd condone such behaviour, oh no sir.*

*Perhaps a Gumtree ad for free scrap metal, collection only as you don't have a van/trailer and then when the pikeys start calling give them his address and tell them to call anytime :xmas-wink:

Personally I would want to informed of someone who's really let the team down. A certain kev let me down a couple of year ago and it transpired afterwards I wasn't the only one he'd taken the piss with. Very difficult call for the masses though, but 14 months he is too long! No matter what life throws at you

The naming of the party in question is entirely your choice, you obviously feel strongly about the incedent considering it happened 14 months ago. Maybe it might help resolve it in your mind.

Whatever you decide on future actions i do hope you are able to move on and accept lifes little lessons, hey, its christmas soon :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-wink:

Yeah, it's a hard one. It might help to let people know to avoid dealing with them.
I had a issue with a member on here many years ago, basically he found a mtb at a recycling centre and wanted to know who wanted it. I called dibs but only if he could post, at my expense of course. No problem but would take a few weeks to sort, get a box etc. All good. he got a postage quote as we live at opposite ends of the country, all fine, I paypal gift of twice that quoted so he could get a few beers in, he was happy I was happy as it was still a bargain for what it was. Bike never showed up, after a couple of messages he was not answering and eventually was no longer 'around'. About 18 months later, if not longer I get a message saying sorry but a lot of 'life stuff' got in the way and it just slipped by the wayside. By then I was well over it and beyond thinking of it, just chalked it up to one of those things and hoped he was now in a better place. It was only a bike that I never had anyway so told him it's all sorted, thanks for the apology and forget about it. He then messaged me and said he still had it in his shed and would like to get it boxed and sent to me. Never heard anything for a while, and he was back on the forum regularly so just dropped him a line and asked where we were up to etc only to be told 'sorry, I sold it' No offer of refund of a decent amount I had originally sent, nothing, end of. So never assume that everyone is as upstanding as yourself and never use paypal gift, unless it is somebody you know in the flesh or have dealt with many times. The majority on here are brilliant people to deal with, it is like a club, everyone helping each other out. Though there are a few who take the p, and those who are just not malicious, but just shouldn't be selling as they are way too casual.

Jamie

Re:

I'd have no hesitation in naming and shaming a member that treated me in this way. I'd like to give other decent people the heads up regarding said turd. If they are willing to take the piss like that, then I'm sure they'd be only too happy to do other snide things.

14 months my arse!

al.

Just wrong in my opinion. Mistakes happen and given the helpful community on here it just seems poor form.
I suspect the the shoe was on the other foot, the reluctant party might be somewhat pissed if the part paid for was not forth coming.

Back