Stringfellow1946

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
I'm sorry to bring you the sad news, but Chris, known as Stringfellow1946 on here has passed away a few months ago on July 7th. :(

A well respected ex pro mechanic, I - and I don't think I'm alone - was always in admiration of the bike builds he used to share with us. Along with sharing his in depth knowledge, it was much appreciated by me, as I built up bikes.

He had been suffering from motor neurone disease for some time, but always managed to do some riding on the turbo nonetheless. He was always in good spirits too, despite his ever worsening condition.

My thoughts are with his family and friends,

R.I.P Chris

http://www.islandecho.co.uk/cycle-team- ... is-weston/

Mike

Sad news. Chris and I helped each other out a few times, his knowledge of bikes as used by the pros was outstanding and he was always willing to share it. He built some of the best builds seen on here (or anywhere else for that matter)

R.I.P.

This is a real loss to the community. I never met him but had a few p.m conversations and he was spot on. A friend of mine went to see him a couple of years back and he came back raving about Chris's collection and what a great bloke he was.

Didn’t know this member, but always sad when someone departs this world, deepest condolences to friends & family.

I did a few sales with Chris and was help by his incredible knowledge he will be sorely missed RIP.

Hi, I am Chris's son (Lee). Just want to say thank you for the kind words. I have mulled over whether to join or not, but after seeing the above I thought I would.
Bike building was a real passion for dad and it kept him going right until the end. There were bike parts still turning up weeks later :) Some of the bikes we worked on together as he became too weak in the final months. These were for me iconic, such as: TVT La Vie Claire (we spent hours debating the colour for the sprayer), both Lemond and Hinaut badged versions, a Superconfex low pro (green master). The last bike we were building was an ADR Bottecchia, i.e. Lemond 1989 tour version, which sadly didn't quite get finished.
Anyway thanks and keep up the good retro work.
Lee

Re:

Thank you for joining, Lee!

So sorry to hear about Chris. A sad loss to this site.

Mike

Hi Lee
I, like many others and obviously non as much as yourself was so very sorry to hear of your Dads passing. He was as much a part of this place as anyone and a great font of knowledge. He had some really beautiful builds.
I'm glad to hear you were there building away with him and hopefully you will be keeping up and looking after/riding these builds.
Hope you've had a good Christmas and New Year, whilst knowing how hard it will have been.
All the best
Jamie

Back