Smart Meters

Re:

How do you get readings off the gas meter.
I can read it off our electrikery, but gas has none such reading.

The remote 'display' shows them fine but for some reason our gas is now less than last time and I'm sure I read it right. That and the clock has a shorter day than most people (it looses time). It's about an hour and half out now over twoish years.

We do it manually as the last (EDF) and current (some random cheap one) don't use the smart meter.

(Its just over 2 years old iirc.).

Current supplier doesn't seem concerned the time is wrong. Also told.me I could adjust it myself. I laughed in the email exchange saying if I could do it myself.then I'd be able to fiddle any time of day energy tarrifs.
He seems to skip.over than and not comment again.
Fools the lot of them.

They control my time from their networks, otherwise it wouldn't be very 'smart'.
Which is a bollocks term as its just a Datalogging device that send data via dodgy backend mobile comms.

The second press is to confirm that you’re sure you want to go onto the standard variable tariff.

Something else to get hacked :roll: and it likely will.

And you get a bill for £15,000. Direct debt is it ? :LOL:

Re:

Just don't switch to Ecotricity as they can't get their billing info right, particularly after a corporate restructuring a year or so back – Dale Vince is a wannabe tycoon and is too busy modelling himself on Branson to make sure his core business is getting things right. They just keep sending correspondence saying that they need to increase the monthly DDs because they've projected that my usage is increasing. Well, they would wouldn't they.

Back