Today's Ride

Re:

Me, (one of) the bike(s), Bedgebury, last Saturday.

b1t4qn.jpg

twOkoc.jpg

vvGWmI.jpg

RJtCNi.jpg

bss6RW.jpg

Re:

Today-Wednesday-After 4 days off the bike it was good to get out again today. There are raging wildfires not far from here, and the air has been too bad to exercise in. Lots of smoke in the air, until today when it eased up some with winds from the North West. Still smoky air that is easy to smell today. In the first pic of the smoky sky, you can usually see the Bay and the East Bay hills from that vantage point...

Attachments

• Checking out the trail.jpg
    Checking out the trail.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 755
  • Smoky sky.jpg
    Smoky sky.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 755
Re:

Stay safe Pat. How far is Napa from you and is there a chance it could head over?

It's mad to think you couldn't light a match outside 9 months ago.

Re:

Napa and Sonoma are just 25-40 miles from here-one of my brothers lives in Santa Rosa, just North of here, and half the city has burned, but his house hasn't yet as of now. Keeping my fingers crossed for him. Still way smoky air here this AM...Pat

Take it easy Pat. Remember a good old fashioned 46/11 triple pointed 180 degrees away from any smoke is mostly a great idea.

Re:

Today-Monday- The smoke has pretty much cleared out, but there are still fires burning up North that they haven't put out yet. Warm, about 86 F. and out in the woods on the bike today...

Attachments

• Skinny little trail.jpg
    Skinny little trail.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 674
Re:

Thanks for your thoughts, THM-it looks like my brother's house is going to be spared, but they are still keeping his neighborhood evacuated for now. He's hoping to go home soon, and, since his home phone answering machine is still picking up, he knows the house is still there. :) I was planning to go out on the bike this afternoon, but last night a new fire started South of me in the hills above Sausalito ( about 12 miles from here near the Golden Gate Bridge) and the air is getting smoky again...

Re:

Today-Thursday-A change in the weather-we have a storm front coming in this afternoon and evening to bring some showers to our area. It will definitely help with the wildfires up North of here. Cool out, about 65 F. and partly sunny, a steep ride up to the OG trail above town...

Attachments

• Red Hill and SF Bay.jpg
    Red Hill and SF Bay.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 621
  • OG Trail.jpg
    OG Trail.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 621
Re:

Today-Friday- It rained about 1/3 of an inch last night, which made the firefighters happy, and made the fire roads and trails tacky/grippy, instead of dusty :cool: -We rode up onto Tam a ways past Phoenix Lake, and especially enjoyed riding the red carpet on the fire road under the Redwoods...

Attachments

• The Redwood Carpet.jpg
    The Redwood Carpet.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 606
Back