Today's Ride

Re:

Today-Saturday-Lots of riders out, with a pleasant 84 F. sunny day. We rode up to the West of town today. Got a little sweaty and had a lot of fun...

Attachments

• More riders.jpg
    More riders.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 589
  • Resting with the guys.jpg
    Resting with the guys.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 589
Re:

Today-Tuesday-The last two days around here were too hot to ride- 103 F. on Sunday and 93 F. yesterday. Today is a nice 83 F. and sunny, so up 900' to the West...

Attachments

• At the top.jpg
    At the top.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 560
Re:

Today-Wednesday-The weather cooled right down to 74 F. and partly cloudy today. We rode up to Tamarancho again, and on the way down ran into Wende Cragg, one of the original Mtbers. on her Series 2 Breezer-one of 75 built by Joe, and this one especially for her. She had one of the 10 original Series 1 Breezers, but it was always too big, so she got this one too, BITD. Not too often you see one of these on the trail, as they are worth around 12 thousand dollars these days. Also, the most recent sale of a Series 1 that was sold this year went for 30 thousand dollars... :cool:

Attachments

• Series 11 Breezer.jpg
    Series 11 Breezer.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 548
  • Wende Cragg and her Breezer Series 11.jpg
    Wende Cragg and her Breezer Series 11.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 548
  • Cloudy.jpg
    Cloudy.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 548
Re:

Today-Thursday-Up to the Lakes with Warren K. and Charlie Kelly today, nice out, 76 F. and sunny...

Attachments

• Warren, Pat, Charlie.jpg
    Warren, Pat, Charlie.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 517
  • Warren and CK.jpg
    Warren and CK.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 517
  • CK on the Harp.jpg
    CK on the Harp.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 517
  • Above Alpine Lake.jpg
    Above Alpine Lake.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 517
Re:

Today-Saturday-Beautiful day out, about 80 F. and sunny. One of the guys cut his thumb last night pretty good, so we decided to climb up White's Hill in the dirt on the old Railroad Grade-then descend down to town on the smooth pavement so he wouldn't aggravate the wound. A good day for it, not to hot and not too cool...

Attachments

• On Railroad Grade.jpg
    On Railroad Grade.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 490
Re:

Today-Sunday-We rode up across the valley from yesterday's ride, a much steeper way up. Great riding weather, about 84 F. and sunny with a slight cooling breeze...

Attachments

• Checking out the view.jpg
    Checking out the view.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 459
  • Here comes the Herd.jpg
    Here comes the Herd.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 459
Re:

Today-Tuesday-A pleasant 76 F. and sunny day. We rode up to Tamarancho and ran into Wende Cragg again on her Series 11 Breezer...

Attachments

• Pat and Wende.jpg
    Pat and Wende.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 420
  • SF Bay.jpg
    SF Bay.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 420
Re:

Is she following you, Pat? :LOL:

On holiday this week in the Forest of Dean. That's between Wales and England for those not in the know. ;)

These photos taken from Cinderford, there's only two thing good about Cinderford. The roads out, and the views from the top. The woods where I was heading.

IMG_1451 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

About a half hour road ride, which has absolutely NO flat :roll: I got to Cannop Cycle centre. Wonderful woodland all the way there, other than that God awful town! :shock:

IMG_1449 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Arrived not a moment too soon!

IMG_1431 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Ready for some fun!

WP_20170919_15_49_53_Selfie(1)[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I took some photos of the lovely blue run for you. Hope you appreciate them, I had to actually stop to take them, when all I want to do is ride!

IMG_1432 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1439 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1440 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1442 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1443 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1446 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Some lovely autumn colours there! I also did a lap of the red run, but what happens there, stays there! Needless to say, it's great riding, very rooty, I wouldn't recommend doing it on a rigid bike!

On the way home, I took a photo from the area I'm staying in, Pope's Hill. Looking out over the river Severn Estuary, although it's hard to tell from that shot.

IMG_1454 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Treated myself to half of this afterwards, I couldn't eat it all! :shock: Well, I had just done 2 3/4 hrs of riding on 1 bottle of water.

IMG_1458 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Road ride tomorrow. Hoping weather holds ;)

Mike

Re:

Nice pics Mike- The upper part looks like fun- Today-Saturday-We rode onto the lower slopes of Tam up into the Lakes part of the Water District. Warmer, about 82 F. and breezy...

Attachments

• In the Church of the Redwoods.jpg
    In the Church of the Redwoods.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 374
  • Deer in the shadows.jpg
    Deer in the shadows.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 374

Latest posts

Back