What turntable?

legrandefromage":31b6cwlj said:
Less than 12 parsecs? Totally buggers the Womble factor.

Now which one's the rumble filter and the scratch filter...

I'll just hum show tunes in my head then.

Re: Re:

xerxes":gz4y3zm5 said:
Wilson Benesch?: http://wilson-benesch.com/products/nano ... nearm.html

As to the advantages, with high end hi-fi, where some components cost more than a car, they have to come up with an awful lot off guff to justify the price, so it's very difficult to separate the marketing hyperbole from the science and engineering facts.

Did you ever find it? Still holding onto my fluid for you baby.

Re:

I did find my stylus balance. The thing is, I though all the bits and bobs were together, however there was no sign of the other stuff. You're welcome to the stylus balance; it's a little Shure one, like this:

shure_sfg_2_41eritfyyil._sx300_.jpg

Re:

Got this bad boy :cool: Marantz AP 206 on :cool: eVilbay for £120 delivered{ immaculate condition..lid is a bit "jaded"}..personally I agree as LGF says Japanese stuff about 30 to 40 years old still bomb proof..The down side is pricing like our "retro stuff" it rises with demand..

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6491.JPG
    IMG_6491.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_6492.JPG
    IMG_6492.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_6493.JPG
    IMG_6493.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 636
How about a used Thorens? TD160 was built like the proverbial outhouse. But, as said, prices are rising on old turntables. They used to be around £50 5 years ago, seem to be double that now. A new cartridge is well worth factoring into the cost of an old turntable.

Back