cyclist who knocked over and killed

There is fault on both sides here.

She was crossing the road and I can only assume that she didn't look properly before stepping out. He was riding a bike that had no place on the highway. Yes it was an accident, it could POSSIBLY have been avoided if he had a brake.

The telling thing for me though is his general attitude that has no responsibility and that he was fully in control - I do not see how you can ride on a public road, with traffic lights, crossings, drivers etc and be FULLY in control when you have no means of bringing your vehicle to a halt in a timely and effective manner. The independent testing has also shown that he would have stopped in 1/3 of the distance if he had a brake. That doesn't allow for reaction time but given that he had the time to call out to her there was time enough to start slowing down, reducing the collision speed and possibly saving the woman's life.

Maybe it will at least be a wake up call to pedestrians who are on their phones when crossing (as it is alleged she was) and to those who have jumped on this Fixie craze thinking it is cool/hip etc.

I don't see too many fixie riders around here (though there are weekly rides by a group).
But the two I do see every now and again, will weave straight past the cars (tight space only just enough room for the cars onto a roundabout and hammer it into the roundabout so they don't have to stop. Where I'm just waiting or slowing moving forward behind the few cars to use the roundabout.
It scares the shit out of drivers when they do that. (They slam their brakes on)
It's their refusal to stop at junctions that does my head in as I've seen it in a few places.
Do they all ride like that?

FluffyChicken":1vuvqojx said:
I don't see too many fixie riders around here (though there are weekly rides by a group).
But the two I do see every now and again, will weave straight past the cars (tight space only just enough room for the cars onto a roundabout and hammer it into the roundabout so they don't have to stop. Where I'm just waiting or slowing moving forward behind the few cars to use the roundabout.
It scares the shit out of drivers when they do that. (They slam their brakes on)
It's their refusal to stop at junctions that does my head in as I've seen it in a few places.
Do they all ride like that?

From my London living days yes and plenty in london

you would have though every inch of london was covered by cctv by now,surprised there is none mentioned.

stew-b":a1yg0kme said:
you would have though every inch of london was covered by cctv by now,surprised there is none mentioned.

There is,
...Jurors at the Old Bailey were shown CCTV footage of the collision on 12 February...

Re:

But crash investigators who studied CCTV of the incident concluded Alliston would have been able to stop and avoid the collision if the bike had been fitted with a front brake.

She said: "I have not seen one iota of remorse from Mr Alliston at all at any stage."

Hope he get the max 2 yrs

Obviously he failed the attitude test. Irresponsible d;ckhead. Throw the book at him.

Just popping out in my car. It only has a hand brake but the horn works so should be fine.

Really?

Latest posts

Back