Is their any point in me

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Buying any mtb mag? Will it be full of moderns and plugging any thing new? Are their any good mags?

Re:

Join your library.
You get them free via their online mags (zinio here).

So no there is no point.

All shite new stuff, the odd old farts bike bits was crap pages.
Good to scan through in the dentist, waiting for a bus, etc.

Makes you wonder how we survived,still the same old marketing mumbo jumbo as they always where too.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2rf7i8hl said:
Join your library.
You get them free via their online mags (zinio here).

So no there is no point.

All shite new stuff, the odd old farts bike bits was crap pages.
Good to scan through in the dentist, waiting for a bus, etc.

Makes you wonder how we survived,still the same old marketing mumbo jumbo as they always where too.

How about the mtb racing results? Library sound the best option

caemis":14zu17xs said:
I personally like Cranked - its the only one I regular read - for everything else: www

£12 :shock: that's too rich for me. I could buy some KCNC brake blocks for that on line

Re:

The mainstream mags in the newsagents are so predictable month-in-month-out-year-in-year-out and offer nothing new except what's the latest bike or widget or garment or rubber ware reviewed to needlessly throw your money at or may be even how to do a bunny hop or carve a corner berm. If you're lucky they'll bag up the mag with some free tyre levers or something so you can't look through the mag in the store. I prefer occasionally Singletrack, The Ride Journal, Cranked, Rolleur, Dirt.

Re:

I haven't read a bike mag in years and I don't feel any the poorer for it, they were mostly self opinionated sh1t years ago, and I can't imagine they have changed one bit..... I just stay plugged into bikerumour.com on facebook

It is the same dribble each month with the new things remarkably better than last months effort. I prefer to slip in a bit of free reading at the newsagent and leave it behind since they have only increased in price but have gotten smaller in size.

The US magazines like MB Action have always had too many ads to make it worth while.

This month, AMB is reviewing overpriced socks while I try to remain interested.

https://www.ambmag.com.au/feature/revie ... ock-460902

The magazines will recommend whomever gives them the most revenue via advertising. Brand A may be shit hot but if they havent given the mag any advertising, brand B will be 'wreckermended'!

Back