TdF 2017 chit-chat

Re: Re:

RadNomad":1npa83kv said:
French crowd no class, booing the yellow jersey.
Sky should work together (inc Froome) to get Landa a couple of seconds or secure one of the time bonuses and knock Bardet off the podium. That would be sweet!

Yes bad form that :x

No need to hate on Bardet, coming 2nd and 3rd to Froome, when he's so dominant, is brilliant.

Landa is still a young man, his chance will come, but time will tell if he can overcome Froomedog

xxnick1975":lsjjom0z said:
No need to hate on Bardet, coming 2nd and 3rd to Froome, when he's so dominant, is brilliant.

Landa is still a young man, his chance will come, but time will tell if he can overcome Froomedog

It's not "hate on Bardet", you missed my point i think.

Re:

Not a Sky fan, they've made the TdeF boring in the last few years, and Froome won this year by more luck* than judgement - I'm confident I don't need to go into the details. If it hadn't been for AG2R (esp' Bardet), together with Quick Step, and Sunweb the tour would have been a bore again.

Even Boardman, Millar and Gary Imlach have been slightly disparaging of Sky in many of their comments - so I'm not a lone voice.

Good to see the French riders being so aggressive, and let's not forget Contador and Yates.

Rk.

*and luck in the shape of Landa (moving to Movistar).

Re:

Yeah, what RK said, after all, let's not celebrate a British rider in a British team achieving something only a handful of riders have ever done before, the cheating b'stard.

Sky have only managed FIVE TdF wins because they are all riding electric mopeds and the press are too afraid to expose them because Murdoch and his henchmen have all their families held hostage in luxury hotels somewhere.

:facepalm:

roadking":3tftecli said:
Not a Sky fan

Really? You surprise me with those comments.

To be fair, the organisers didn't help either. The course this year was too predictable with far too many flat stages. We really only had one great stage and only one breakaway win smells of predictability.

Fingers crossed la Vuelta is as fun as usual.

I think there were a fair amount of exciting stages this year. I agree that AG2R lit things up a bit, and that was good to see, but if you think the tour is boring I don't think you can lay the blame solely at the door of Sky. What about the 'sprint' stages when it's the sprinters teams that close the race down? I think the root of the problem is radios. Team cars can tell everyone who is in the break, what the time gaps are, etc. Do away with radios and the panache might come back.
That aside, I still think that Chris Froome has achieved something remarkable in winning a fourth tour and he deserves every plaudit, along with the whole of Team Sky, front room and back room.

kingbling":2udtzji6 said:
If they've got the legs :LOL: not adversed to Froome winning a 5th tour either but if some one else can step up and win it I'm all for a well fought race.
[/quote]

As usual and since Indurain, the Tour de France was becoming boring with no duel. Froome can win a 5th Tour de France but he will never be a legend like Anquetil, Merckx or Hinault : where is he in the Giro and other big tours or races ?
And UCI would forbidden those earphones for going to a mire intuitive cyclism

firedfromthecircus":1trwsjmw said:
I think the root of the problem is radios. Team cars can tell everyone who is in the break, what the time gaps are, etc. Do away with radios and the panache might come back.
yep, agree. And the power meters and body monitors means riders riding to numbers and not instinct/passion.
The only exception was when Froome punctured while AG2R were driving it and he had to react. That was the ride of the tour, getting back up there that day.

Matthews won the lottery that tour. Never in a million years was he a true green-jersey winner, as half a dozen weren't there to the finish, but good luck to him - the records will show what they show

Back